Class of 2020 - New Commit: Caelin Lewis (WA) Mid | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Caelin Lewis (WA) Mid

IMG_6995.jpg

Would he be our first ever player from the state of Washington? Nobody else comes to mind.

Interesting late recruit, someone mentioned Lane and they do appear to have similar size. Great sign that he can shoot with both hands and he looked like he has a little deception in his game where he dodges hard then throws a softer type shot past the goalie whose looking for a missile. Seems like a really good pick up this late in the process. Would be interested to know who turned SU onto him.

Wow finally got a chance to watch the video. If I were recruiting him, I'd want to know about when he grew and how long he's been playing lacrosse. He looks athletic for that size but needs to his hands more fluid on his splits. I agree with the comments about him being Raw and what Jeremey had to say, but seems like a project with a lot of upside.

I wonder if this is someone Coach March was aware of and delivered him upon getting to SU?

Interesting late recruit, someone mentioned Lane and they do appear to have similar size. Great sign that he can shoot with both hands and he looked like he has a little deception in his game where he dodges hard then throws a softer type shot past the goalie whose looking for a missile. Seems like a really good pick up this late in the process. Would be interested to know who turned SU onto him.

Ryan Powell is probably the guy who first saw him right? Makes sense that this kid would show up at one of his west coast projects.

Ryan Powell is probably the guy who first saw him right? Makes sense that this kid would show up at one of his west coast projects.

That was my thought as well. Either that or one of the west coast guys already committed gave the staff a heads up assuming they know each other.

Looks to be a promising player. Obviously his size is what stands out the most and that gives him huge upside. He is quite tall, but I don't see the comparisons to Matt Lane that clearly. This kid looks like a natural middie, Lane played attack in high school, and to me never looked quite comfortable in the open field. Lane was also a lot bigger, weight wise in high school. I've said it before, but I'll always wonder what might have been had Lane stuck at attack and kept the weight on. At midfield he always looked a little lost and not comfortable with his frame.

Lewis looks like a midfielder, but needs to tighten some things up, he looks very one handed and looks uncomfortable when he has to switch hands. But overall, can't teach height and looks to be a good and powerful shooter. It seems like combined with McGuire and Ferris, as well as Birtswistle, who doesn't look like he has height, but looks solidly built, this recruiting class is getting some physically large offensive players.

Looks to be a promising player. Obviously his size is what stands out the most and that gives him huge upside. He is quite tall, but I don't see the comparisons to Matt Lane that clearly. This kid looks like a natural middie, Lane played attack in high school, and to me never looked quite comfortable in the open field. Lane was also a lot bigger, weight wise in high school. I've said it before, but I'll always wonder what might have been had Lane stuck at attack and kept the weight on. At midfield he always looked a little lost and not comfortable with his frame.

Lewis looks like a midfielder, but needs to tighten some things up, he looks very one handed and looks uncomfortable when he has to switch hands. But overall, can't teach height and looks to be a good and powerful shooter. It seems like combined with McGuire and Ferris, as well as Birtswistle, who doesn't look like he has height, but looks solidly built, this recruiting class is getting some physically large offensive players.
agree P22- I like all these guys. Ferris and Birtwhistle seem a cut above the recent gets.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom