Class of 2021 - New Commit: Carter Rice (MA) Mid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 New Commit: Carter Rice (MA) Mid

If Dino gave him a scholarship (not saying he should or will) would it count against Lax?

If Dino gave him a scholarship (not saying he should or will) would it count against Lax?

If he's on a full football scholarship, he could "walk-on" for LAX.

Except that he'd either have to miss either Fall Ball, or a month of the FB Season.

And then he'd miss Spring Football during the LAX season.

If he's on a full football scholarship, he could "walk-on" for LAX.

Except that he'd either have to miss either Fall Ball, or a month of the FB Season.

And then he'd miss Spring Football during the LAX season.
Thanks. I understand the time constraints, but was wondering about the counting of scholarships. I think if you were on any other sport’s scholarship, and play FB, it counts against FB, but there maybe a factor of actually having been recruited to play FB.

Thanks. I understand the time constraints, but was wondering about the counting of scholarships. I think if you were on any other sport’s scholarship, and play FB, it counts against FB, but there maybe a factor of actually having been recruited to play FB.

The old Miami rule.

Miami used to put all their WR's and DB's on track scholarships to circumvent the 85 player limit.

The NCAA closed that loophole.

Not sure if the article addresses it, but I beleive all Massachusetts schools are doing spring football (there was no football in the fall). I assume he's playing lacrosse at BC High this spring and not football?

Not sure if the article addresses it, but I beleive all Massachusetts schools are doing spring football (there was no football in the fall). I assume he's playing lacrosse at BC High this spring and not football?
He is definitely on the roster for Football.

He is definitely on the roster for Football.

Massachusetts is essentially doing four sports seasons this year, Fall I, Winter, Fall II, and Spring. Fall II is going on right now. I believe Fall II only includes football. The article stated that Rice chose not to play football this spring because the season touches lacrosse season.

Figured I'd post this, always an honor to be named a captain. Interesting that fellow captain senior goalie Jamie Horton is listed as a potential walk on candidate. Arguably one of the top goalies in MA, heard he was considering a PG year. Definitely had D1 looks-twin brother is committed to High Point.

Figured I'd post this, always an honor to be named a captain. Interesting that fellow captain senior goalie Jamie Horton is listed as a potential walk on candidate. Arguably one of the top goalies in MA, heard he was considering a PG year. Definitely had D1 looks-twin brother is committed to High Point.

Won't be easy but there will be PT available at the midfield next year and Rice could earn it from day 1, especially if Seebold moves to attack full time, could be 3+ spots available.

OK, that celebration is AWESOME.

Dunno what that thing in the air was when he dived, but it was hysterical.

Carter Rice, Midfield, ’21, BC High (Syracuse, Laxachusetts)

BC High head coach Marcus Craigwell said it best.

“I needed senior leadership today, and Carter is one of our guys. We stressed ‘no hero ball’ in the huddle, but if you get a look take it. Carter has been doing it all year and he just took it over.”

Carter Rice is a big game player and Friday night proved it. Rice said it himself that shots weren’t going for him and it was causing frustration. Rather than let the frustration get to him, he found other ways to facilitate the offense. Rice assisted on both goals in the final minute of the fourth quarter to tie the game before stinging home the game-winner in the sudden-death overtime. Heroic.

OK, that celebration is AWESOME.

Dunno what that thing in the air was when he dived, but it was hysterical.
As for his celebration? Rice admitted he was taking after Garnsey’s famous flop.

“Ya definitely a little bit,” said a laughing Rice when asked if he was emulating the former Notre Dame star. “I had to do it. I had in it in my mind for a little bit.”

After handing St. John’s Prep their only loss this season, Rice & Horton cap their HS careers with a rematch for the state title tonight. Live stream available.

5637E8F6-198A-4533-8F3E-FC2EA8360D5B.jpeg