Class of 2018 - New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Griffin Cook (NY:Jamesville-Dewitt) Attack Signed

-3eb6b92b16f3f34d.jpg

-1e02b434ad302cad.jpg

I don't follow recruiting that much for lacrosse but I know that Cook has been mentioned in other threads as a future star. But I've seen some highlights of JD in the playoffs on the news the past two weeks and he looks tiny. Really, really tiny. Just how big is he? Are we looking at Jordan Evans 2.0? Sorry for not reading through the whole thread

I don't follow recruiting that much for lacrosse but I know that Cook has been mentioned in other threads as a future star. But I've seen some highlights of JD in the playoffs on the news the past two weeks and he looks tiny. Really, really tiny. Just how big is he? Are we looking at Jordan Evans 2.0? Sorry for not reading through the whole thread

I'd say he's 5'9 and really don't think it's an issue, his skill, and quickness is outstanding and is not the same player as Evans although he is from JD. Cook is a scrapper, rides hard, is stronger than he looks and rides like a demon!

Cook attended the Project 9 invite only camp last year attended by the best players going D1 schools and won most likely to succeed at the next level. The kid love some the game you can tell and has worked hard since he was a kid!

Last edited:
I'd say he's 5'9 and really don't think it's an issue, his skill, and quickness is outstanding and is not the same player as Evans although he is from JD. Cook is a scrapper, rides hard, is stronger than he looks and rides like a demon!

Cook attended the Project 9 invite only camp last year attended by the best players going D1 schools and won most likely to succeed at the next level. The kid love some the game you can tell and has worked hard since he was a kid!
There is no way he's 5'9" right now, but I agree with the rest of your post. He looks 5'5"-ish.

There is no way he's 5'9" right now, but I agree with the rest of your post. He looks 5'5"-ish.
Ty Xanders said he was 5'6" 140lbs when he committed to Cuse back 2015. I'm sure he has grown a little since then. I believe Kevin Rice was 5'8" 145lb when he walked on campus and spent his Freshman year beefing up. Cook has a huge upside for the Orange.

I love that the JD-SU lax pipeline is still open. The first that I can remember was Art Lux who was part of the '83 championship team. His brother, and my classmate at JD, Steve, was an AA but decided to go to Harvard instead.

Ty Xanders said he was 5'6" 140lbs when he committed to Cuse back 2015. I'm sure he has grown a little since then. I believe Kevin Rice was 5'8" 145lb when he walked on campus and spent his Freshman year beefing up. Cook has a huge upside for the Orange.
I like Cook's game a lot. he kinda reminds me of Jordan Wolf. The number 31 might have something to do with that.

6 CT's???? As an attack man? This kid is crazy good, doesn't matter how small the kid is.
I just wonder if it's a typo cause that is a lot, but I also watched the pal mac game last week and knew this games wouldn't be a challenge, is he still facing off some or did that job go to muhlville?
OrangeXtreme git anything on the CT and FO?

I just wonder if it's a typo cause that is a lot, but I also watched the pal mac game last week and knew this games wouldn't be a challenge, is he still facing off some or did that job go to muhlville?
OrangeXtreme git anything on the CT and FO?

He caused a lot of TO's.

A PalMac save would be followed by a failed clear.