Class of 2026 - New Commit: Jayden James (DC: St. John’s) Defense (9/17/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2026 New Commit: Jayden James (DC: St. John’s) Defense (9/17/24)

Not in this class, but the recent flip of 2025 middie Rawson helps a good deal with easing the loss of the 2022s all at once. He is a guy like Leo and Rhoa who should be able to come in and be a serious problem off the dodge as a middie right off the bat.
Isn’t Rawson only playing football at this time?

Have you heard if Garcia is in play?

I haven't, but he would be a real nice addition. I believe SU is involved with the other Marcellus player where Maryland and others have been poking around (Tillman was here last week). I know they were after some FOGO's and may have lost out on or two already though I can't be sure.

thanks so i guess the LSM from St. Anothy's isn't happening.

A lot of competition for him, UVA is desperate for a high end pole and likely to be throwing major NIL $$. Cuse is still in play but I am not as confident in landing him as I was the other two.

i dont think cuse is in play for garcia but dont quote me on that. if they land him that will be a major coup because all 4 other ACCs are on him

Think you are mixing him up with Wyatt Bowman, who was committed to UNC for lacrosse before flipping to SU football. Rawson is a Canadian middie from Lawrenceville.
Totally got that mixed up! Thanks and hopefully Bowman maybe joins as well

i dont think cuse is in play for garcia but dont quote me on that. if they land him that will be a major coup because all 4 other ACCs are on him

I'd be pretty surprised if he ended up here. UNC and UVA are likely in a death battle. Could also see someone like Hop or Maryland make a strong play here though I believe HOp already has 2 4 star attackmen committed.

They simply don't make them like this anymore. James is great at separating the ball from the player, and can seemingly throw every check in the book. Not a lot of highlight vids coming from defenders are all that entertaining. That's not the case with James. Great feet and also really fast. He just seems like a defender who is absolutely zero fun for opposing attackmen to play against. Will be fun to see him charging down the field in transition for sure.

I'm (of course) really happy we landed him, with all the links leading up to his commitment, it would have been a big blow if he chose somewhere else. Not entirely sure how we ended up with a pipeline to St. John's (maybe DMVCuseLax can enlighten up someday), but glad we did!

They simply don't make them like this anymore. James is great at separating the ball from the player, and can seemingly throw every check in the book. Not a lot of highlight vids coming from defenders are all that entertaining. That's not the case with James. Great feet and also really fast. He just seems like a defender who is absolutely zero fun for opposing attackmen to play against. Will be fun to see him charging down the field in transition for sure.

I'm (of course) really happy we landed him, with all the links leading up to his commitment, it would have been a big blow if he chose somewhere else. Not entirely sure how we ended up with a pipeline to St. John's (maybe DMVCuseLax can enlighten up someday), but glad we did!

Hard not to love both James and Peck, both guys who deserve the 5 star rankings and are likely to keep moving up the class into the top 5 for both. Gonna a miss that 2022 class but SU is putting together a heck of a frosh class to replace Spallina and co.

James' athleticism is crazy, real excited to have that on the defensive end. Huge get!

While I am not as lax verse as all of you, this commit excites me more than any other the past couple years other than Bear. To get an elite long pole with clear end-to-end savvy and clear moxie feels so 90s Syracuse. Awesome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom