Class of 2022 - New Commit: Jimmy McCool (NH) Goalie | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Jimmy McCool (NH) Goalie

A big, confident netminder out of greater Boston, McCool took home Goalie MVP honors after standing tall above his fellow keepers in the All-Star Game.

He's able to get down to stymie low shots in spectacular fashion (including some huge 1-on-1 stops), which was impressive for a kid with such a big frame, and also loved to bait shooters and make them work by cutting down angles. McCool calmly threw his outlets on the mark and just seemed to be someone that defenders love playing in front of, helping himself considerably at Main Stage and proving why he's high up on a lot of recruiting boards.

I think Xanders is talking about the guys on board already. He liked the ssdm and retweeted the Trujillo commit. Oddly nothing on Leo the attackmen.

Still it does feel like there is more coming.

He looks really promising. I can't beleive how big he is, but also how quick. He moves from one side of his body to the other in the blink of an eye. My one complaint about the high light video is not enough outlet passes or clearing opportunities. Not very exciting but its a huge part of a goalies job. The writeup sounds encouraging with regards to clearing, so I'll trust that. Very exciting start to this recruiting period.

BC0FF9CC-CD16-49EE-867A-E8DFAA3DE915.jpeg

Really hoping he comes as advertised. Don’t see anyone in our current goalie group coming through next year and wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Gavin left (again) , Duffy and Katch hit the portal. I personally don’t see a role for any of them next year.

I haven’t compared the numbers but on eye test I would take Thompson over Gavin as a back up. I thought Gavin was truly not up for the task . Didn’t save many shots he should have and didn’t come up with any he shouldn’t have. No exposition to the ball. No clear athleticism.

Hoping McCool is the answer is a bit of wishful thinking . Ideally we would get a proven guy in the portal and let him and McCool , Rolley and Thompson battle it out for the 1,2 job.

Really hoping he comes as advertised. Don’t see anyone in our current goalie group coming through next year and wouldn’t be surprised to hear that Gavin left (again) , Duffy and Katch hit the portal. I personally don’t see a role for any of them next year.

I haven’t compared the numbers but on eye test I would take Thompson over Gavin as a back up. I thought Gavin was truly not up for the task . Didn’t save many shots he should have and didn’t come up with any he shouldn’t have. No exposition to the ball. No clear athleticism.

Hoping McCool is the answer is a bit of wishful thinking . Ideally we would get a proven guy in the portal and let him and McCool , Rolley and Thompson battle it out for the 1,2 job.
Agree but hope if they get a Goalie through the portal that he has limited eligibility home. I watched McCool over the summer play for team USA and I liked what I saw , so I wouldn’t want him being backlogged

Unless they get a "big name" goalie through the portal, the coaches will be giving McCool a real chance to start. That's the silver lining in not finishing this season with a legitimate #1 strong starter. Under Desko, frosh goalies didn't really get a chance to play if there was an established decent starter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom