Class of 2020 - New Commit: Liam Ferris (NY) A/M | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Liam Ferris (NY) A/M

FYI - Ferris was MVP of the All Star game at the NYS Regional Championships at Binghamton this week (rehash of the former Empire State Games concept). The Adirondack team lost in the gold medal game to Central.

Interesting snippet from that times union article

"He recognized he got better every day in practice working against our top three defensemen, including his brother (Declan)," Rounds said. "His maturity and his mental growth this year was impressive. He learned from kids like Ben Reilly, whose lacrosse IQ is as high as I've seen. He listened to Ben and his suggestions. "

Don't know what year his brother is but I assume we will be keeping a close eye on him as well.

Interesting snippet from that times union article

"He recognized he got better every day in practice working against our top three defensemen, including his brother (Declan)," Rounds said. "His maturity and his mental growth this year was impressive. He learned from kids like Ben Reilly, whose lacrosse IQ is as high as I've seen. He listened to Ben and his suggestions. "

Don't know what year his brother is but I assume we will be keeping a close eye on him as well.

Class of 2019. Committed to Binghamton

Class of 2019. Committed to Binghamton

Yeah. Someone voiced it, but i wouldnt worry too much about Ferris and how his game translates based on the level of comp he faces. While Section II competition is not as strong as some other areas in the State, Ferris put up pretty big numbers against everyone he played, including teams with D1-bound defenders. He sharpens his skills against a D1 commit in his brother, and was more widely heralded than a 2019 Cornell commit teammate who also plays attack.

If he played for Nisky, i doubt there'd be concerns.

Last edited:
He will have a hard time duplicating his jr. year numbers just because of how good his team was and how much they lost to graduation (2 AA's and a couple other College players). He will see a lot of lock offs and double and triple teams in the Spring. Patience.

Ferris made the all star team but Central completely shut him down in the gold medal game. He couldn’t do anything when he had the ball in his stick.

IMG_7768.jpg

IMG_7769.jpg

IMG_7770.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors