Class of 2021 - New Commit: Matteo Corsi (MI / IMG) Attack | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 New Commit: Matteo Corsi (MI / IMG) Attack

Very comfortable in front of the net, also. Will need to continue to add a little weight with that trait, but as I wrote about him earlier - he has REALLY fast hands. Must play a ton of wall ball.

Very comfortable in front of the net, also. Will need to continue to add a little weight with that trait, but as I wrote about him earlier - he has REALLY fast hands. Must play a ton of wall ball.
I believe he played quite a bit of indoor lax over the years which definitely helps.

MATTEO CORSI, MID-AMERICA NORTH, ATTACK (IMG ACADEMY/JUICED CHERRIES/SYRACUSE)

Corsi led the MAN squad to a 2-2 record, the losses to finalists Connecticut and DMV. He was the attack’s orchestrator, a super athletic player able to produce out of X or up top. His hands seem to be in constant motion, keeping defensemen occupied as he plots which of his myriad options to deploy. He had two goals and an assist in the semifinal loss to Connecticut, and his passing eye opened up plenty of chances for teammates to prosper.

MATTEO CORSI, MID-AMERICA NORTH, ATTACK (IMG ACADEMY/JUICED CHERRIES/SYRACUSE)

Corsi led the MAN squad to a 2-2 record, the losses to finalists Connecticut and DMV. He was the attack’s orchestrator, a super athletic player able to produce out of X or up top. His hands seem to be in constant motion, keeping defensemen occupied as he plots which of his myriad options to deploy. He had two goals and an assist in the semifinal loss to Connecticut, and his passing eye opened up plenty of chances for teammates to prosper.

Go back in this thread... I have said it since he committed... this kid is special and his fast hands are extraordinary.

Standout 2021 Player: Matteo Corsi | A | IMG Academy (Fla.) | Project Midwest | SyracuseCorsi is no stranger to impressing IL staff and racking up praise. He has a smoothness about his game that is so fluid, it's almost soothing to the eye. With the ball in his stick at X, Corsi can read the field and make just about any play that the defense gives him. He can turn the corner and score, find the feed inside or throw the skip all the way through but when given hands free and time its’ almost always a bad situation for the opposing defense.

I don't know who he's playing against but that's some of the more impressive video I can remember. I think he's a multi-year starter.
It's crazy how every video of him looks way better than the last. Can get separation but also always has his head up to pass. Then you add that he played a good deal of box and has skill at finishing with tight angles. Could be a serious problem.

It's crazy how every video of him looks way better than the last. Can get separation but also always has his head up to pass. Then you add that he played a good deal of box and has skill at finishing with tight angles. Could be a serious problem.
can we start to talk about Kevin Rice again?

yup and some of the stuff I see that doesn't really matter who he's playing against is that he's super explosive with really quick feet and hands. He's adept at either hand; dodges, shoots and passes equally with either hand. That's a serious problem for defenders. This last video shows his size too, I'm guessing 5-11 and he's pretty thick.

I don’t remember a Syracuse attack man with his blend of size and athleticism this decade. Obviously it takes more than just those two traits but regardless, it’s exciting to have a player like this coming on board. Different position, but his dodging, the way he shakes back and forth reminds me a lot of Jovan Miller or Kyle Harrison. Only he plays mostly behind the net.

Anyways the attack position will really be stacked the next few years but I think he has a good chance of seeing significant playing time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom