Class of 2022 - New Commit: Michael Leo (NY: St Anthony's) Attack | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Commit: Michael Leo (NY: St Anthony's) Attack

Leo (number 7) scores four goals and four assists vs Delbarton.

Some really nice passes. Will be interesting to see if Dordevic stays at attack next year with all these high end attack recruits coming in. Pencil in Hiltz as a starter, but maybe two youngsters and move Dord back to middle would be the way to go.

Leo is a strong, crafty, whiplash shot, leftie attack/middie. It was his confidence that most impressed me. Among a dozen top ranked D1 players, he still stood out in a couple of games. I'd start him at SU right now. His passes sometimes caught his team mates unawares, but other times led to easy goals. I look forward to watching him next year.

Michael Leo ’22, attack, St. Anthony’s / Team 91 Long Island / Syracuse

Trying to stop the Friars has to be such a miserable experience. There are so many different options who can pop off on any day, but you can basically set your watch to Leo having a big game. The ‘Cuse-bound lefty finished with four goals and an assist, showcasing his shooting range, but also flashing the ability to finish in tight.

Leo had an excellent low-to-low finish in traffic early on. He was also the beneficiary of a couple of terrific feeds from NLF No. 3 ’23 Owen Duffy (Team 91 LI / North Carolina), including a gorgeous low-to-high bomb off of a Duffy skip pass on the man-up. St. Anthony’s also seemed to feed off of his energy, and he certainly wasn’t afraid to let Chaminade players know what he thought of them. He’s also pretty bullish on how good the Friars can be.

“I always try to start off strong so they can get sliding and I can draw the double quick,” Leo said. “Just try to move the ball as best as I can. I don’t think we’ve played our best game yet. Once we start moving the ball and sharing, I think we’re going to be dangerous.”

Michael Leo ’22, attack, St. Anthony’s / Team 91 Long Island / Syracuse

Trying to stop the Friars has to be such a miserable experience. There are so many different options who can pop off on any day, but you can basically set your watch to Leo having a big game. The ‘Cuse-bound lefty finished with four goals and an assist, showcasing his shooting range, but also flashing the ability to finish in tight.

Leo had an excellent low-to-low finish in traffic early on. He was also the beneficiary of a couple of terrific feeds from NLF No. 3 ’23 Owen Duffy (Team 91 LI / North Carolina), including a gorgeous low-to-high bomb off of a Duffy skip pass on the man-up. St. Anthony’s also seemed to feed off of his energy, and he certainly wasn’t afraid to let Chaminade players know what he thought of them. He’s also pretty bullish on how good the Friars can be.

“I always try to start off strong so they can get sliding and I can draw the double quick,” Leo said. “Just try to move the ball as best as I can. I don’t think we’ve played our best game yet. Once we start moving the ball and sharing, I think we’re going to be dangerous.”

How big is Leo ?

How big is Leo ?

5’11 according to his recruiting profile. That seems generous to me. I think he uses his size to his advantage. He’s very good at slipping under checks.

5’11 according to his recruiting profile. That seems generous to me. I think he uses his size to his advantage. He’s very good at slipping under checks.

Agreed. I would guess more like 5’9”-ish. Plenty of good attackmen that size.

3. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)

St. John’s game aside, the Friars continued to prove that they’re among the nation’s elite with a 19-10 rout of rival No. 17 Chaminade and a win over No. 19 St. Ignatius Prep (Calif.). Jack Ponzio (Team 91 LI / Navy)carried the mail against the Flyers, erupting for a three-goal, four-assist day. Michael Leo (Team 91 LI / Syracuse) and NLF No. 3 Owen Duffy (Team 91 LI / North Carolina) each bagged five points. Duffy’s three-goal, six-assist day helped the Friars fend off St. Ignatius’ upset bid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom