Class of 2018 - New Commit: Mikey Berkman (FL), Attack Signed | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Mikey Berkman (FL), Attack Signed

Is that Powderly kid related to Pat Powderly? I believe he was from Maryland too, wonder if we have any chance at him. I've seen his name a bunch and it always stood out to me because of Pat.

I was curious about that as well, as we landed Pat Powderly but he never played. Per Ty Xander's he recently committed to UVA to play golf.

I like Berkman. He and Cook coming in the same year is exciting for the attack. For awhile SU had a LOT of left handed attack, like Wisnauskas, Thorpe, Forkin, Evans, Mariano, Rehfuss. This year and next they only have Rehfuss and Voigt, which is probably enough.

Just was looking through our commits on IL, for all of our classes. Berkman appears to be the highest rated recruit we've ever had since IL started ranking players. If he is the real deal, 2018 class could be a special one with Cook Magnan, Kim twins, etc. Also noticed that a pole, Owen Hull is rated 85, highest rated pole we've ever gotten.

Just was looking through our commits on IL, for all of our classes. Berkman appears to be the highest rated recruit we've ever had since IL started ranking players. If he is the real deal, 2018 class could be a special one with Cook Magnan, Kim twins, etc. Also noticed that a pole, Owen Hull is rated 85, highest rated pole we've ever gotten.

I dont know if it was IL or not but Jordan Evans was the #1 recruit when he came to Syracuse and Mellen was ranked higher then 85.

Edit - Just double checked it was IL. Also Scott Firman was ranked 17th as an lsm that same year

I dont know if it was IL or not but Jordan Evans was the #1 recruit when he came to Syracuse and Mellen was ranked higher then 85.

Edit - Just double checked it was IL. Also Scott Firman was ranked 17th as an lsm that same year
I just meant the rating of the player overall more than the ranking.