Class of 2018 - New Commit: Owen Hill (Hill Acad) Mid | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 New Commit: Owen Hill (Hill Acad) Mid

I asked Vock to clarify on twitter but he never responded.

Ya I think I remember you doing that. Could you give it a second try? Would really like to know what the actual story is here.

Ty Xanders is showing Owen Hill, M/FO, Akron (N.Y.) / CNY Roadhawks, Six Nations Red Royals committed to Albany. He shows a kid named Owen Hull, D, Rye (N.Y.) / Prime Time as committed to Cuse.

2018 Commitments

Beat me to it. His mom RT'd the lax.com video clip which linked to her instagram page and then she linked it to his public instagram.

Feel like we deserve an award after that in depth investigation.

I think there is still some confusion as to wether or not Hill is actually a Syracuse commit and not being confused with another player. Apparently Vock's tweet is the only thing that has him as a Cuse commit while others still show him committed to Albany.

It's clear to me that there are two different Owen Hill's. One is from Akron HS, committed to Albany (there is a post with an interview from him on this thread). And there is Owen Hill from the Hill Academy, going to cuse.

It's clear to me that there are two different Owen Hill's. One is from Akron HS, committed to Albany (there is a post with an interview from him on this thread). And there is Owen Hill from the Hill Academy, going to cuse.

Per OX in January, he had transferred from Akron to Hill Academy.

I think you maybe right, I followed Whitey's link to the instagram page and they do appear to be two different players.

if you look at Hill in this picture
and then you look at the player identified as Owen Hill in the Youtube clip Extreme posted on the first page, there clearly two different players.

Whats odd is that any search for Owen Hill only seems to bring up the Owen Hill from Akron High School not the Owen Hill from the The Hill Academy. Yet in one of the pictures in Hill's instragram is a person by the name of Gates Abraham who I believe is the lax player Gates Abraham who played at Akron last year.

Whole thing is bizarre. Extreme where did you see that Hill transferred from Akron to the Hill Academy?

Whats odd is that any search for Owen Hill only seems to bring up the Owen Hill from Akron High School not the Owen Hill from the The Hill Academy. Yet in one of the pictures in Hill's instragram is a person by the name of Gates Abraham who I believe is the lax player Gates Abraham who played at Akron last year.

Whole thing is bizarre. Extreme where did you see that Hill transferred from Akron to the Hill Academy?

I saw it somewhere, but damned if I can find it again. I guess when Section VI starts up again, we'll see if there's still a Hill at Akron and a Hill at the Hill.

:crazy:

I saw it somewhere, but damned if I can find it again. I guess when Section VI starts up again, we'll see if there's still a Hill at Akron and a Hill at the Hill.

:crazy:

Its very odd. I am pretty sure there two different players but its odd I can't find any recruiting write ups or anything on the Owen Hill that is committed to us. I know Whitey is a twitter guy, maybe he can tweet Vock again or maybe even Hill himself for some clarification.

There is one Owen Hill. He played up until his soph year (last year) at Akron HS. I remember watching & being quite impressed with him as an 8th grader in the state tourney on TWCS against Brad Voigt & Penn Yan in 2014. Hill verballed to Albany (where his older brother Chaunce is a Soph LSM) in April 2016. He has transferred to The Hill Academy & this is his 1st season there as a junior. In December, he switched his commitment from Albany to SU, presumably after Scanlan's de-commit opened up a spot...or at least that how it seemed.

We have another commit in 2018 from Owen Hull, a defenseman from Rye HS.

There is one Owen Hill. He played up until his soph year (last year) at Akron HS. I remember watching & being quite impressed with him as an 8th grader in the state tourney on TWCS against Brad Voigt & Penn Yan in 2014. Hill verballed to Albany (where his older brother Chaunce is a Soph LSM) in April 2016. He has transferred to The Hill Academy & this is his 1st season there as a junior. In December, he switched his commitment from Albany to SU, presumably after Scanlan's de-commit opened up a spot...or at least that how it seemed.

We have another commit in 2018 from Owen Hull, a defenseman from Rye HS.

That's what I thought but I gotta admit, the pictures of Hill from his instagram and the Hill in the youtube video below don't look like the same person.

Owen Hill 3/16/16

I am also pretty active on twitter, I'll try to figure this conundrum out. This will be difficult to figure out.

Even crazier, I'm pretty sure in the profile pic of the Owen Hill twitter account that re-tweets everything 'Cuse Lax, the SU commit Owen Hill is on the far left while the Albany commit Owen Hill is on the far right lol

I am also pretty active on twitter, I'll try to figure this conundrum out. This will be difficult to figure out.

Apparently Whitey found the Instagram picture announcing our Hills commit via his moms page who linked it. Sounds idiotic but maybe we could send her a message and see if we can get the story on this. So bizarre.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom