NJ.com All State selections -1st, 2nd, 3rd teams , 2 Cuse recruits from NJ

Jr LSM/D Drago was 3rd team All State

Sr G Harrison Thompson was 2nd team All State

NJ.com All State selections -1st, 2nd, 3rd teams , 2 Cuse recruits from NJ

Jr LSM/D Drago was 3rd team All State

Sr G Harrison Thompson was 2nd team All State
[/QM

Surprised Michael Page's name isn't on this list

Mild surprise since his team did well but good talent in NJ. Another defender on his team going to Richmond was 2nd team All State . NJ.com also selected all group teams with five groupings in NJ , Page made second team all group 1 which is grouping of smaller schools

I suspect Drago will play close exclusively.
Im not sure he has the size to play close. I saw tape of a game this year and was not impressed. Spoke to my buddy (nephew plays on the team) he said Drago has great games and poor games. I must have seen the latter of the to. The don't play in the tougher division of the state anymore and didn't make it to the county final. The other defender on the team is going to Richmond for football

Im not sure he has the size to play close. I saw tape of a game this year and was not impressed. Spoke to my buddy (nephew plays on the team) he said Drago has great games and poor games. I must have seen the latter of the to. The don't play in the tougher division of the state anymore and didn't make it to the county final. The other defender on the team is going to Richmond for football

Disappointing to hear that, had heard some good things about Drago. With another year of HS to go and hopefully a RS or at least a learning year when he first gets up here he can develop into more of a consistent player.

Disappointing to hear that, had heard some good things about Drago. With another year of HS to go and hopefully a RS or at least a learning year when he first gets up here he can develop into more of a consistent player.
Im not doubting another year of HS and an RS year will help. I was just surprised to see a lack of production on the tape I saw after everything Ive read about him. The team he played doesnt have a D1 player on their rosters, a couple D3 kids but he was getting beaten badly. Apparently the previous game he was a groundball machine of the faceoff wing, so I'm pretty sure I caught an off day

probably 5'8"+ 2" for the jersey hair puts him at 5'10"

My kid's high school basketball team had 5'7" point guards listed at 5'11"
He's a pomaded 5'10.

He is definitely most comfortable as a lsm, I saw lots of takeaway checks, transition, and some settled offensive play. I am not an expert on the NJ high school lacrosse scene, but I imagine that he won’t be dodging in college. I only watched a few minutes and I didn’t see much settled d or 1v1 d so I’m not sold on him playing close. He game definitely translates well with the shot clock. He can and will push transition.

He is definitely most comfortable as a lsm, I saw lots of takeaway checks, transition, and some settled offensive play. I am not an expert on the NJ high school lacrosse scene, but I imagine that he won’t be dodging in college. I only watched a few minutes and I didn’t see much settled d or 1v1 d so I’m not sold on him playing close. He game definitely translates well with the shot clock. He can and will push transition.
Need him on man up.

Played mid tier NJ schedule but tape and club are good. Wonder if Cuse ever saw other UA NJ lsm Wittmack of Ridgewood, he may have been underexposed, not on circuit and just played varsity this year, committed to UMass after UA games.

Some of his plays here are a carbon copy of Kennedy and Fernandez. He certainly seems to match their speed and tenacity. I agree that he definitely screams LSM and not close.

Whatever you posted doesn't appear to be showing up for me. I assume it is his commitment photo?
Yes, I linked it straight from Instagram. So if you don’t have one I don’t think it will appear.

34DA8F2B-5B98-4688-9E91-D2CEB0B5B065.jpeg

Hope nothing is going on with Lewis, I don't think Snyder's is coming.

For LAX, signing period goes from Nov 13 to Aug 1. If SU ever sends out a press release, we'll know if we're finished or not.

Yup the release will tell us for sure.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they announce a list of signings until the beginning of fall ball. So we won't know about this group until Fall 2020 when they are due to be incoming freshmen. The best we can hope for in terms of confirmation is an announcement via tweet that they are sending out seemingly at random.

Correct me if I am wrong but I don't think they announce a list of signings until the beginning of fall ball. So we won't know about this group until Fall 2020 when they are due to be incoming freshmen. The best we can hope for in terms of confirmation is an announcement via tweet that they are sending out seemingly at random.

In the past, that was true.

However, SU finally realized that this was the 21st Century and started sending out signing day tweets (like everyone else in the country).

So maybe we won't have to wait until next September.

I liked Drago's highlights and he seems to be well-regarded in his area, since he was voted all american. Solid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom