Class of 2020 - New Commit: Tommy Drago (NJ) Defense | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 New Commit: Tommy Drago (NJ) Defense

Tommy Drago, West Essex, Defense/LSM
Whether Drago is chasing down a prospective ground ball on the faceoff, covering a hopeful scorer or sprinting toward the opposing cage himself with designs to shoot, the Syracuse commit tends to be an unmanageable handful. He gobbled up 123 ground balls and also sank 17 goals last season to help West Essex (13-6) reach the North Group 2 semifinals. Drago netted two goals in a victory over Morristown and delivered one each in 16 other games. He entered this season with 249 career ground balls.

I think there have been mixed reviews of Drago, but man am I glad the SU coaches recruit players like this. I am sad to see Fernandez go, but hopeful that someone out of Clary, Page, Drago or someone else, can fill the role of FO wing menace, GB vacuum and transition threat.

I think there have been mixed reviews of Drago, but man am I glad the SU coaches recruit players like this. I am sad to see Fernandez go, but hopeful that someone out of Clary, Page, Drago or someone else, can fill the role of FO wing menace, GB vacuum and transition threat.

Personally feel a little more confidence in Hapney as the Fernandez replacement. They look about the same speed wise but Hapney has a lot of the Fernandez/Joel White/Tyson Bomberry control of the ball with a long stick that you like to see on the wings. Also he's been doing it against much stronger competition in the MIAA which probably gives him more potential to be a day 1 impact.

Ive seen him play a couple times, 1 game I was impressed and then next couple I wasn't. Will be interesting to see what kind of bulk he can add once at Cuse.

reminds me a little of Steve Panarelli. High risk rap arounds may not work as well against D1 players as Panarelli discovered. He's got a side winder leftie cannon. Like to see him use a right handed carry once in a while though. Love his aggressiveness.

Tommy's little bro Anthony who I mentioned in an earlier post is playing on ESPNU right now for Building Blocks in the WSYL U-14 championship game against Team 91 Shock. He's getting a lot of love from QK.

Tommy's little bro Anthony who I mentioned in an earlier post is playing on ESPNU right now for Building Blocks in the WSYL U-14 championship game against Team 91 Shock. He's getting a lot of love from QK.

Position?

Anthony Drago, BBL The rising ninth grader was the most prolific goalscorer in the age category. Drago is from North Caldwell, N.J., and possesses a right-handed shooting arsenal unique for the level.

That's ridiculous size for a 14 year old. No wonder he's tearing it up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom