New Covid Protocols... | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New Covid Protocols...

The new chicken sandwiches are very good no reason to slander them
Had one at the BC football game, and halfway through eating my sandwich the LED halftime lighting had me wondering if the center of the chicken was actually pink or if it was just the lights. Would’ve been a lot more terrified if I wasn’t a couple Blue Lights deep.

*It must’ve just been the halftime lighting because I was fine.

Had one at the BC football game, and halfway through eating my sandwich the LED halftime lighting had me wondering if the center of the chicken was actually pink or if it was just the lights. Would’ve been a lot more terrified if I wasn’t a couple Blue Lights deep.

You just had built-up immunity from the last several you ate.

There are worse ways to live your life

I think

That's why I never order food at those comfy recliner seat movie theaters where you have a back lit menu as the hand rest and you can order wings beer and all kinds of snacks. I can't tell what I am eating in the dark no way.

Last edited:
Probably. But if they’re vaccinated and everyone else is (or tested negative). What’s the problem? Vaccines don’t prevent you from getting sick, they lesson the symptoms. Each variant is less severe (just like the Spanish Flu in 1918/1919). Each variant is less severe as to it take over the host. We need to learn to live with it. If youre not vaccinated at this point, that’s your decision and whatever happens is on you.

Sorry to get off topic. I just think this is so ridiculous. And if this is the new SOP, being that if someone tests positive they cancel a game, I will not be renewing. Too much planning to go to a game to be up in there air virtually until tip.

Apologies again

End rant.
the rumor is its like 3 or 4 players

Is it because they don't want as much support staff at the games?

I don't have a beer at every su game, but it is pretty close. Something about getting to my section with a nice cold beer makes me feel alive. Very disappointed.
I didn’t used to drink or eat at SU games. Because I was really into the games, didn’t want to have to get out to pee, etc.

I find the current product needs some treats to make it a more enjoyable experience, though.

I’m sure SU didn’t make this decision without any thought going into it. This decision costs SU money. And like many of you have said many times, for SU it’s always about the money.

The only thing more outrageous is the responses to threads like these on syracusefan.com.

Personally I don’t understand allowing soda and coffee but if you really don’t understand the difference between beer and water maybe we should just open up the Dome to a giant AA meeting, charge $1 to attend and tell John Lally to “Just hold on to your $25MM, we got this!”

So, there go 2 easy wins ...
Yeah right when we needed them the most and to get the team clicking on all cylinders.

The opener will be the only cupcake we play all year even these games rescheduled and thrown into the middle of an ACC schedule could be tricky. With no depth you can be coming off an emotional win/loss against Duke and not ready for Cornell to hit deep threes late in the clock.

I wasn't worried about JB's win streak until today.

Yeah right when we needed them the most and to get the team clicking on all cylinders.

The opener will be the only cupcake we play all year even these games rescheduled and thrown into the middle of an ACC schedule could be tricky. With no depth you can be coming off an emotional win/loss against Duke and not ready for Cornell to hit deep threes late in the clock.

I wasn't worried about JB's win streak until today.
For all we know the season might have already ended. Who knows what happens in the near future!!!

Point being, you should be going to the games to watch basketball. If you're that upset, don't go.
You should go to have fun. Period. The product is not entertaining so if fans prefer to make up the difference in food and beer why should you care. It gets them in the building.

You should go to have fun. Period. The product is not entertaining so if fans prefer to make up the difference in food and beer why should you care. It gets them in the building.
Yup.

If we’re undefeated and playing Duke to a 91-89 OT war, I’m not thinking about getting beer or food - maybe just a bottle of water for the game because I’ll probably be a screaming, sweaty mess before long. I’m locked in and living and dying with each play.

If we’re mediocre with little at stake, playing boring, listless stretches of basketball in front of a subdued crowd against a nobody team…..I’m watching and rooting because I still love the team and love basketball - but I’m doing so with a couple beers and maybe a dome dog to liven things up.

The only thing more outrageous is the responses to threads like these on syracusefan.com.

Personally I don’t understand allowing soda and coffee but if you really don’t understand the difference between beer and water maybe we should just open up the Dome to a giant AA meeting, charge $1 to attend and tell John Lally to “Just hold on to your $25MM, we got this!”
i do not even drink beer.

You should absolutely go and have fun and support the team no matter how entertaining the product on the floor is. I just think it's silly that people are this upset over not being able to have food or beer at the game. It's 2 hours. If people want to food/booze bad enough, go to a bar downtown for however many drinks and eat until you're stuffed. Just because you're at a game doesn't mean you NEED to have one of the two

You should absolutely go and have fun and support the team no matter how entertaining the product on the floor is. I just think it's silly that people are this upset over not being able to have food or beer at the game. It's 2 hours. If people want to food/booze bad enough, go to a bar downtown for however many drinks and eat until you're stuffed. Just because you're at a game doesn't mean you NEED to have one of the two
Sure you don’t need to. But if people choose to stay away given the remaining options that’s their prerogative. It’s well over 2 hours when you factor in driving and parking. People should value their time not be drones blindly supporting something if they’re not satisfied. Many equate buying tickets and showing up with endorsing the product and vice versa.

THIS.

Just do some solid pre-gaming, and then you can ride that buzz & full belly for the 2 hours the game lasts.

If anything, it’s probably better not being served, so you’re sober enough to drive home after safely.