New DC: Tony White | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

New DC: Tony White

I believe 100% Herm Edwards is about family and if this guy White was straight up with Herm, I respect that honarable approach and give props to Herm. To Herm...
BF19B8E8-160D-42C6-BCAE-A581FD583E98.gif

OK, I'll ask it--why would he make a lateral move from ASU to Syracuse?
White on what led him to leave ASU for Syracuse: "This was the first time I'd be able to go back and be close to family. I really credit everything ASU has done for me and my family. It was a tough choice but, in the end, it was a simple decision right there."

It sounds like White was Dino’s first choice and was able to come back to him a second time with more money. Good job by Dino and Wildhack. Being a great recruiter is another big plus. It appears we have gained some credibility on the recruiting trail with our two new coordinator hires.

ASU SP+ Defensive Ranking
2018 86
2019 43

Syracuse
2018 60
2019 74

Tony White enters his second season as the cornerbacks coach and defensive passing game coordinator for Sun Devil Football.

White, who coached the program's defensive backs the previous two seasons, has helped lead the Sun Devil defense to exceptional improvements in his first couple years in Tempe.

The Sun Devil defense finished the regular season 39th in scoring defense, allowing just 23.1 points per game – notables as the Sun Devils had finished 99th or worse in three consecutive seasons prior to White's arrival in Tempe. ASU has held opponents to 30 points or less in 16 of 25 games in the previous two seasons after opponents scored at least 30 in 32 of 43 games previously.

White on what led him to leave ASU for Syracuse: "This was the first time I'd be able to go back and be close to family. I really credit everything ASU has done for me and my family. It was a tough choice but, in the end, it was a simple decision right there."
Would have been nice if he said “Ohana” instead of “family.”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom