New ESPN announce teams. Ugh no more McDonough/Bilas n | Syracusefan.com

New ESPN announce teams. Ugh no more McDonough/Bilas n

Alsacs

Living Legend
This stinks with Bilas getting promoted to Saturday Primetime Shane Battier (yes the ex-Dukie) is getting the Big Monday slot with Sean McDonough. I like Brad Daugherty taking over the ACC Sunday package though.

ESPN announces teams link

College basketball announcing teams:

BIG MONDAY (ACC/BIG 12)

Sean McDonough/Shane Battier//Allison Williams (ACC)
Brent Musburger/Fran Fraschilla//Holly Rowe (Big 12)

SUPER TUESDAY (BIG TEN/SEC)

Mike Tirico/Dan Dakich//Samantha Ponder (Big Ten)
Brad Nessler/Sean Farnham (SEC)

BIG 12 TUESDAY

Dave Flemming/Miles Simon

WEDNESDAY NIGHT HOOPS

Bob Wichusen/LaPhonso Ellis (ACC)
Dave Pasch/Bill Walton (Pac-12)

SATURDAY PRIMETIME

Dan Shulman/Jay Bilas//Shannon Spake

ESPNU ACC SUNDAY NIGHT

Adam Amin/Brad Daugherty

COLLEGE GAMEDAY

Rece Davis/Jay Bilas/Seth Greenburg/Jay Williams

I'd like to have Mike Tirico (a guy formerly working in Syracuse) with Bill Walton, a hall of fame talent and an inspiration to my posting at times. I don't know which female I'd prefer added on, but enjoy that some of their last names are dictionary words, including one from Tbone's sig. Yes, I am entertained by different things than most sometimes.

I'm also not sure the college gameday crew excites me like it might others.

ESPN has gone Duke heavy with the analysts... We know Jay Will is garbage, Battier was annoying as a player, I hope it doesn't carry over to his analysis. Hopefully he's more like Bilas and not a homer...

I think my favorite one of all of those is Tirico and Dakich with a little Samantha Ponder thrown in. Tirico and Dakich would be pro-Cuse and Ponder is Ponder.
images

I'd like to have Mike Tirico (a guy formerly working in Syracuse) with Bill Walton, a hall of fame talent and an inspiration to my posting at times. I don't know which female I'd prefer added on, but enjoy that some of their last names are dictionary words, including one from Tbone's sig. Yes, I am entertained by different things than most sometimes.

I'm also not sure the college gameday crew excites me like it might others.

I don't think Tirico has the patience to deal with Walton (the thought is however funny) and he's been a very professional broadcaster for too long to be forced to. I don't mind Walton doing Pac12 games as he is very entertaining and certainly unafraid to speak his mind. I wouldn't want him doing our games or ACC games that I'm interested in because he is all over the place, looses track of the games at times and if he has an agenda or bias he will unabashedly hammer away at it regardless of consequences. The way he was with Howland was h0rribly unprofessional and completely lacked objectivity. And I'm not at all a Howland guy. I agree with letting him go but as a Broadcaster you can't hammer away at a coach over and over again trying to get him fired because of your own personal ties to the program. I like Walton and if people wanted to interview him and ask his opinion as a well know alum that it would have been fine but to do it while being paid to do the color commentary of college bball games was pretty low IMO.

I think my favorite one of all of those is Tirico and Dakich with a little Samantha Ponder thrown in. Tirico and Dakich would be pro-Cuse and Ponder is Ponder.
images

I wonder what Ponder would make most viewers ponder?

I
I don't think Tirico has the patience to deal with Walton (the thought is however funny) and he's been a very professional broadcaster for too long to be forced to. I don't mind Walton doing Pac12 games as he is very entertaining and certainly unafraid to speak his mind. I wouldn't want him doing our games or ACC games that I'm interested in because he is all over the place, looses track of the games at times and if he has an agenda or bias he will unabashedly hammer away at it regardless of consequences. The way he was with Howland was h0rribly unprofessional and completely lacked objectivity. And I'm not at all a Howland guy. I agree with letting him go but as a Broadcaster you can't hammer away at a coach over and over again trying to get him fired because of your own personal ties to the program. I like Walton and if people wanted to interview him and ask his opinion as a well know alum that it would have been fine but to do it while being paid to do the color commentary of college bball games was pretty low IMO.

I love how SU alum Dave Pasch handles Bill Walton. Sometimes he engages Walton's wacky crazy comments, sometimes he completely ignores it, and sometimes he laughs as he can't contain himself.

Walton doesn't care if he is fired he just uses the microphone to say whatever the hell he wants. The Howland bashing was extreme but he won out.

I agree that Walton has a downside and agree about vendettas...but now that it's over with, can he still have a career and move on? And who knows, after having tested out that pair, I might agree that he might be too much if it was an SU game. Other ACC games likely wouldn't bother me.

IMO, only Summerall and Madden are in the discussion with Raft, McD, Bilas as greatest announcing teams of all-time for any sport.

Two all-time great teams, no doubt.

I defy anyone to come up with a better college hoops announcing team. Thanks to Saint Joyce, I was lucky enough to meet Sean McDonough at the team hotel in Atlanta a couple of years ago, during the Final Four--and he couldn't have been friendlier or more engaged--especially considering that I was just some random fellow SU fan in a hotel lobby. Just seems like a fantastic guy who also happens to be a great announcer.

Two all-time great teams, no doubt.

I defy anyone to come up with a better college hoops announcing team. Thanks to Saint Joyce, I was lucky enough to meet Sean McDonough at the team hotel in Atlanta a couple of years ago, during the Final Four--and he couldn't have been friendlier or more engaged--especially considering that I was just some random fellow SU fan in a hotel lobby. Just seems like a fantastic guy who also happens to be a great announcer.

I wish Raf could do every SU game. I never get tired of listening to him.

The Mets broadcast team is good but its not the best current MLB announce team. Vin Scully by himself is the best MLB booth. I could listen to Scully read the phone book and be entertained.

I wish Raf could do every SU game. I never get tired of listening to him.
I was at a wedding where Raf was also a guest. I got into a conversation with him late night in our hotel lobby about Saratoga race track and his wife was trying to get him to go upstairs. It was pretty comical as Raf had a few ginger ales and wasn't ready to turn in for the night.

images

Dakich is pro cuse?

Alsacs said:
IMO, only Summerall and Madden are in the discussion with Raft, McD, Bilas as greatest announcing teams of all-time for any sport.

Agree 100%. The 6 OT game would be special in all of our hearts regardless, but it was just that much more perfect because the absolute best announcing team was doing it.

DAKICH AND ANNISTON IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

cant believe this is the 1st I've heard of this.

DAKICH AND ANNISTON IS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

cant believe this is the 1st I've heard of this.

He was in town for the SU<>Carleton game sitting court side with Aniston and TGD. He also tweets a lot about Aniston (our version).

Agree 100%. The 6 OT game would be special in all of our hearts regardless, but it was just that much more perfect because the absolute best announcing team was doing it.

Imagine if Len Elmore and Dan Shulman were still been doing Big East games that night. I'd have had an aneurysm.

At one time I would have agreed with you but, IMO, Madden morphed into a caricature of himself and became hard to listen to.

I can still hear McDonough's voice to kick off the sixth OT period: "And Rautins looks FRESH AS A DAISY!" Three-pointer. Ball game shortly thereafter.