New ESPN announce teams. Ugh no more McDonough/Bilas n | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New ESPN announce teams. Ugh no more McDonough/Bilas n

This stinks with Bilas getting promoted to Saturday Primetime Shane Battier (yes the ex-Dukie) is getting the Big Monday slot with Sean McDonough. I like Brad Daugherty taking over the ACC Sunday package though.

ESPN announces teams link

College basketball announcing teams:

BIG MONDAY (ACC/BIG 12)

Sean McDonough/Shane Battier//Allison Williams (ACC)
Brent Musburger/Fran Fraschilla//Holly Rowe (Big 12)

SUPER TUESDAY (BIG TEN/SEC)

Mike Tirico/Dan Dakich//Samantha Ponder (Big Ten)
Brad Nessler/Sean Farnham (SEC)

BIG 12 TUESDAY

Dave Flemming/Miles Simon

WEDNESDAY NIGHT HOOPS

Bob Wichusen/LaPhonso Ellis (ACC)
Dave Pasch/Bill Walton (Pac-12)

SATURDAY PRIMETIME

Dan Shulman/Jay Bilas//Shannon Spake

ESPNU ACC SUNDAY NIGHT

Adam Amin/Brad Daugherty

COLLEGE GAMEDAY

Rece Davis/Jay Bilas/Seth Greenburg/Jay Williams

Wow! ESPN must think a great deal of Battier's potential to immediately move him into the Big Monday slot with McDonough. Hey, who knows? It's possible that he really is good. I have a friend who had Battier in one of his classes at Duke and he said he was one of the smartest and best prepared students he had there.

Wow! ESPN must think a great deal of Battier's potential to immediately move him into the Big Monday slot with McDonough. Hey, who knows? It's possible that he really is good. I have a friend who had Battier in one of his classes at Duke and he said he was one of the smartest and best prepared students he had there.
Sometimes we minimize Duke players but Quin Snyder is another one. He has an MBA and a law degree from Duke and neither of those are a joke.

Two all-time great teams, no doubt.

I defy anyone to come up with a better college hoops announcing team. Thanks to Saint Joyce, I was lucky enough to meet Sean McDonough at the team hotel in Atlanta a couple of years ago, during the Final Four--and he couldn't have been friendlier or more engaged--especially considering that I was just some random fellow SU fan in a hotel lobby. Just seems like a fantastic guy who also happens to be a great announcer.
Billy Packer and Al McGuire. McGuire kept Packer in check.

He probably had Vitale lobbying for him (just like he lobbied for Battier to win POY).

IMO, only Summerall and Madden are in the discussion with Raft, McD, Bilas as greatest announcing teams of all-time for any sport.
Enberg Packer McGuire on the next tier below IMO.
Not so much for the game analysis, but Al was entertaining...