New field turf is down at the dome | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New field turf is down at the dome

can someone ask them to put orange 44's on the sidelines in the white area, or better yet on the field small orange 44's? That would be very cool.
They were there before, I don't doubt they'll do it again.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Looks great. I always thought orange endzones with white lettering would look better. But it does look sharp with the orange sidelines up to the 25 yard lines

GoSU96 said:
The old turf sucked up light like a black hole.

Yep. Looked dingy. Makes a difference in perception.

Yep. Looked dingy. Makes a difference in perception.

I remember being there for the first game of the old field turf (GRob WVU game?), and I remember the field being almost blinding. It was so much better than the old AstroTurf crap we had. The difference the field made was stark.

Can you imagine how orange that place would be if they did that! It be awesome, and probably a little dizzying! :)

They don't have to paint the bleachers orange, but they should paint all the concrete facing for every row orange. That would brighten the place, without the worry of orange paint ending up on people's clothes (not that they couldn't use it).

I'm a symmetry nut. Maybe it's just me, but where they placed the 5 at the 50 yard line looks out of balance compared to where the 1, 2, 3 and 4's are located as it relates to their respective yard line markings. The distance/gap from where the 5 and its adjacent vertical line is appears larger there than all of the aforementioned. I'm not sure if this was by design, or just a miscalculation when the crew workers cut out that particular piece of field turf?

Safe assumption that you, like me, are happy they went to the 25 yard line with the orange? While to the 20s "red zone" would make the most sense, the 25s give it a perfect 25/50/25 split making the sidelines and even orange/white split.

Chip said:
If they want to respect the past, they should print Orangemen in the other end zone and then add some light green paint over the last 3 letters.

That was the low point for the field.

i miss the yard markers every 5 yds like we used to have, and i think lsu still does---not a major issue, but i liked it, just like orangemen in the end zone

If they lined the field with a semi-permanent lining material (something better than the traditional chalk) instead of sewing the football lines into the turf (other than the endzones), then each sport would have the best possible situation.

Playing at Coyne (or an adjacent field) might be another option once the weather turns and if there is adequate seating. I know it won't happen...

SU68 said:
Yes, but I was envisioning two lines going across the field.
Boy I like that idea, but I bet it's not allowed. I'd be interested to know if the 44 on the sideline is there because the rules wouldn't allow it to be on the field. Anyone know?

Boy I like that idea, but I bet it's not allowed. I'd be interested to know if the 44 on the sideline is there because the rules wouldn't allow it to be on the field. Anyone know?

The Orange 44 appears on the home sideline. Looks nice because it is on a white background

The Orange 44 appears on the home sideline. Looks nice because it is on a white background
I'm assuming it's in the same place as before. Too bad it's not where fans can see it. The coaching staff and players often stand there. :noidea:

Are Rob Edson's initials on the field still?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom