New food item at the Dome? | Syracusefan.com

New food item at the Dome?

690West

Moneyline Master
Last night they were selling Surf & Turf nachos at the All star game for $48.

It features lobster and ribeye steak. Paging dome concessions...

BDWnkyrCIAE_DU4.jpg:large

Am I the only one who loves a good dome dog?

Yes , you are the only one who like dome dogs. They are typically undercooked to the point that none of the juicy goodness gets released. You might as well eat a hotdog straight from the fridge.

That's crazy expensive. Can't imagine they'll sell too many of these

Yes , you are the only one who like dome dogs. They are typically undercooked to the point that none of the juicy goodness gets released. You might as well eat a hotdog straight from the fridge.

They have gotten better. I have even passed my domedog love to my son who eats one every game.

They have gotten better. I have even passed my domedog love to my son who eats one every game.

Yeah, they are much better than the 80's or 90's that's for sure. They went to Hoffman's in 2003 (that was a good year:))

Yeah, they are much better than the 80's or 90's that's for sure. They went to Hoffman's in 2003 (that was a good year:))

Dunno, I thought the steamed Tobin's First Prize dogs that they served in the pre-Hofmann era were more consistent and way better than what we eat today. Was sorry when the Dome discontinued them.

Dunno, I thought the steamed Tobin's First Prize dogs that they served in the pre-Hofmann era were more consistent and way better than what we eat today. Was sorry when the Dome discontinued them.
Dude, you need to put some kind of sarcasm alert in your post, you scared me...unless...wait...are you being serious? Did you just say Tobin>Hoffman?

I would be all for it.. but Im guessing the Dome version would be much more like imitation crab and warm hamburger..

Dude, you need to put some kind of sarcasm alert in your post, you scared me...unless...wait...are you being serious? Did you just say Tobin>Hoffman?

Haha, should clarify:

As prepared by Syracuse University Catering, "grilled" (but actually just touched with a grill mark, undercooked, and steamed in foil wrapper) Hofmann << honestly steamed Tobin.

If we were to cook them on our own grills, I doubt I'd feel that way. But as long as SU can't prepare fresh dogs off a real grill at the concessions, those Hofmann dogs suffer. I still eat them as often as possible, but the heat cabinets just kill the quality.

I have stopped eating all food at the dome. It has become terrible. The hot dog in a bag thing has to go. There has to be a solution. A soggy bun that is reduced to nothing after steaming in the bag is awful. The one and only pizza I bought was barely cooked and the cheese wasnt even close to being melted. Brought it back and got a coney and it was cold in the middle. Too bad because I love eating stadium food. I know there is nowhere to cook in the stand and everything has to be wheeled in but I hope they address it at some point. Nostalgia of dome dogs of my youth only took me so far. I like all the updates with dome recently but food situation can be improved.

[quote="Marsh01, post: 541126, member: 473

Questions

A. Am I the only one who loves
B. a good dome dog?[/quote]

Answers:
A. Yes.
B. Oxymoron

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Am I the only one who loves a good dome dog?

Nope. I like them too as does my kids. Hated when they were steamed. But now that they went back to fried they are much better.

Sent using my Commodore 64

New food item at the Verizon ... or have they been eating it all along?

imgres.jpeg

I have stopped eating all food at the dome. It has become terrible. The hot dog in a bag thing has to go. There has to be a solution. A soggy bun that is reduced to nothing after steaming in the bag is awful. The one and only pizza I bought was barely cooked and the cheese wasnt even close to being melted. Brought it back and got a coney and it was cold in the middle. Too bad because I love eating stadium food. I know there is nowhere to cook in the stand and everything has to be wheeled in but I hope they address it at some point. Nostalgia of dome dogs of my youth only took me so far. I like all the updates with dome recently but food situation can be improved.

I rarely eat at the Dome. Much better off stopping at Varisty for a quick slice or two beforehand.