New Football Renovations Announced Finally! | Syracusefan.com

New Football Renovations Announced Finally!

orangeinjersey

All Conference
http://www.suathletics.com/news/2012/4/19/FB_0419120954.aspx

EDIT: Video walkthrough up on http://www.suathletics.com/

The planned design and construction will enhance the Syracuse experience for current student-athletes. Renovations to the locker room, student-athlete lounge, cafeteria, and team auditorium, will provide more spacious and comfortable surroundings with an open layout blending one area into the next. New interactive monitors throughout the facility, furniture, lockers and carpeting, in addition to energy-efficient components, including skylights and a new ventilation system, will enhance and modernize the facility.

One step inside the door visitors will find themselves immersed in Orange football glory, experiencing the energy of the winning program and the proud tradition of the program. The legacy of former SU standouts and All-Pro performers, including Jim Brown, John Mackey, Floyd Little, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison and Donovan McNabb, will come to life through interactive exhibits, including touch screen monitors and video displays. Syracuse’s long history of Bowl Game success will be prominently displayed and the centerpiece of the area, the Heisman Trophy won by Ernie Davis, will have its own striking presentation.

rp_primary_2012.03.06FOOTBALLLOUNGE_renovationpic.jpg

Wish they had more pics up. The Architects site has none :(

Could this be happening on top of a new practice building?

Thinking about it, 5 Million is a lot of money simply for cosmetic renovations. They must be going high end with top notch quality finishes. Can't wait to see finished result. Wish they had one of those 3D virtual Tours

“It is vital that we give Coach Marrone the resources that he needs to field a consistent national contender. This new complex is surely a great start.”

Nice to read that these renovations aren't the planned end game by themselves.

Could this be happening on top of a new practice building?
My guess is this will suffice for now. Lots of schools have bubbles. Quite frankley we have a real indoor facility (only its only 80 yards). Renovating the locker rooms, lounges, offices, training facilities etc is money well spent and buys them time.

What you could see happening is in another 5 years or so, announcing a brand new football only facility. Alas, that will only come after a few ACC checks under out belt.

IMO, this is more important than new indoor practice facility. We have the Dome, we have Manley. We need a third that looks like a bubble or aircraft hangar?

These are the amenities kids want. The flash, the pizzazz. Not a scaled-down version of the Dome. We already have one of those.

Call me crazy, but this is just what the Doctor (no pun intended) ordered.

IMO, this is more important than new indoor practice facility. We have the Dome, we have Manley. We need a third that looks like a bubble or aircraft hangar?

These are the amenities kids want. The flash, the pizzazz. Not a scaled-down version of the Dome. We already have one of those.

Agree with this. Once you're on the field, as long as the turf is good, does it really matter what else is around?

What DOES matter, and what makes an impression on recruits and current players, are the bells and whistles OFF the field. That's why everyone makes such a huge deal about, for instance, Oregon's locker room.

Thinking about it, 5 Million is a lot of money simply for cosmetic renovations. They must be going high end with top notch quality finishes. Can't wait to see finished result. Wish they had one of those 3D virtual Tours
Or somebody is getting back one hell of a kickback!

We do need a stand alone football practice facility but this is certainly a far more immediate need

Several naming opportunities remain available for donors interested in supporting this important project. Individuals interested in asssisting in this project should contact the Orange Club office.

So, which one of you guys is going to step up?

Several naming opportunities remain available for donors interested in supporting this important project. Individuals interested in asssisting in this project should contact the Orange Club office.

assssssssisting

I think any student who had season tickets all four years should get a brick or something. '08-'12 were not exactly banner years in the Dome on the football side of things. Before this post is shredded, yes, I am being sarcastic.

I think SU has bigger plans in the future for Skytop. If and ever there is a new stadium, they will place the entire football complex at Skytop with the stadium. If they can make Manley a state of the art facility, they are making the right decision at the moment. This will also keep the new weight room as part of the football complex. If you add a couple of editions to Manley, it could become top shelf.

One step inside the door visitors will find themselves immersed in Orange football glory, experiencing the energy of the winning program and the proud tradition of the program. The legacy of former SU standouts and All-Pro performers, including Jim Brown, John Mackey, Floyd Little, Dwight Freeney, Marvin Harrison and Donovan McNabb,...

Hopefully they put the Marvin Harrison in a place that's not so conspicuous should it need to come down at some point!

I think SU has bigger plans in the future for Skytop. If and ever there is a new stadium, they will place the entire football complex at Skytop with the stadium. If they can make Manley a state of the art facility, they are making the right decision at the moment. This will also keep the new weight room as part of the football complex. If you add a couple of editions to Manley, it could become top shelf.
I was just up at Skytop today with an individual showing him where the new stadium was being proposed just before the stock market went into the crapper. Several things happened which I'm not going to get into here that put everything in the wrong direction. There were investors who were fast trackers who met with TGD. The OK was given from the top to proceed. Sometime take a ride to the very top of Sky Top, you'll see there is plenty of land for a stadium/hotel/restaurant. Parking and access were to be on the perimeter taking out part of Drumlins Golf course. Some of the people at the meeting were investors another individual had been involved in other stadium projects. It was a business deal whereby the university provided the land and the people getting the financing would get parking/concessions and other rights. The university would get their state of the art stadium with retractable roof and the football program would get the shot in the arm to get jump started back to relevance. They were looking at an el system for use to transport fans and students back & forth to the main campus. The restaurant would be a hall of fame type with the decor in SU colors, trophy & picture displays, rooms where you could view videos of great games. The talks were serious.

I got a kick out of a statement from an old friend, state senator John DeFrancisco when asked about the possibility. I think it's a foolish idea, they can't even fill the stadium that they have. It's the same kind of narrow minded thinking that was expressed back in 1969 when my group first proposed a domed stadium. Frank Gualteri, who was the Republican candidate for mayor, said he thought it was a grandiose idea in these times of inflation. At the time a domed stadium similar to what was built would have cost $6 million. There were state and federal matching funds available. About 10 years later that figure went up by around $20 million.

I was just up at Skytop today with an individual showing him where the new stadium was being proposed just before the stock market went into the crapper. Several things happened which I'm not going to get into here that put everything in the wrong direction. There were investors who were fast trackers who met with TGD. The OK was given from the top to proceed. Sometime take a ride to the very top of Sky Top, you'll see there is plenty of land for a stadium/hotel/restaurant. Parking and access were to be on the perimeter taking out part of Drumlins Golf course. Some of the people at the meeting were investors another individual had been involved in other stadium projects. It was a business deal whereby the university provided the land and the people getting the financing would get parking/concessions and other rights. The university would get their state of the art stadium with retractable roof and the football program would get the shot in the arm to get jump started back to relevance. They were looking at an el system for use to transport fans and students back & forth to the main campus. The restaurant would be a hall of fame type with the decor in SU colors, trophy & picture displays, rooms where you could view videos of great games. The talks were serious.

I got a kick out of a statement from an old friend, state senator John DeFrancisco when asked about the possibility. I think it's a foolish idea, they can't even fill the stadium that they have. It's the same kind of narrow minded thinking that was expressed back in 1969 when my group first proposed a domed stadium. Frank Gualteri, who was the Republican candidate for mayor, said he thought it was a grandiose idea in these times of inflation. At the time a domed stadium similar to what was built would have cost $6 million. There were state and federal matching funds available. About 10 years later that figure went up by around $20 million.

Too bad that got shelved... As much as I like the Dome, that would have been a tremendous move for our football team. OE, what would you say are the chances this gets looked at again within the next 10 years?

Too bad that got shelved... As much as I like the Dome, that would have been a tremendous move for our football team. OE, what would you say are the chances this gets looked at again within the next 10 years?
I never say never but that was a glorious opportunity that got away from us. I hope someday, someone puts together another package that is pleasing to all sides and gets it done. There is one thing that I learned, the university would love to have all academic buildings surrounding the quad. A project like that takes a point man to organize. Someone who has connections to movers and shakers. Someone who is bold enough to push through the obstacles and who can make it attractive to all parties involved. People who know how & where to get financing. That group back in 07-08 had all of that.

what about the training room? It didnt mention upgrades for that. Whirl pools, seems like other teams have them with their logo's on and at the bottom of it.