New game-watching bars in NYC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New game-watching bars in NYC

Gator fans usually fill up Sidebar for Fball games. Can't see that changing usually a pretty good time. (assuming Pour House is trying to get fans for both sports)

Real bummer about the pourhouse, though it seemed that once Bar 29 shut down the pourhouse was almost too crowded for me.

I can't deny that. There were times for big games that it was a bit ridiculous. You couldn't move in that place. And for tournament games, fuhgettaboutit. The Marquette game as an example...bedlam. But if they don't want us, on to the next i guess.

Watched SU vs NC State football game at the social bar. Hardly any SU fans there, which is a shame because the place was very nice. Extremely clean, good service, and plenty of TVs. Plus, it's extremely easy to get to considering it's right by Times Square.

Watched SU vs NC State football game at the social bar. Hardly any SU fans there, which is a shame because the place was very nice. Extremely clean, good service, and plenty of TVs. Plus, it's extremely easy to get to considering it's right by Times Square.

For football, they need to consolidate to one game watching bar. There is absolutely no need to have multiple bars for football. Not nearly enough demand to support it. Sounds like there were a handful at Social, a handful at Overlook, and the normal crowd at East End. East End has been doing it for years and I'm not sure why the alumni club doesn't just use them to make it the official spot. Much better to get everyone together in one spot than have multiple bars.

For bball, I understand using multiple bars because there is a big enough bball game watching presence.

I can't deny that. There were times for big games that it was a bit ridiculous. You couldn't move in that place. And for tournament games, fuhgettaboutit. The Marquette game as an example...bedlam. But if they don't want us, on to the next i guess.

Yeah, I was there for the Cal and Indiana games, it was crazy. So crowded. So I passed on going for the Marquette game

Yeah, I was there for the Cal and Indiana games, it was crazy. So crowded. So I passed on going for the Marquette game

I don't mind going to the bars for football...but I get way to into basketball games to watch them at the bar. I want to sit 6 inches from the tv and be able to hear everything the announces are saying. I also have a penchant for throwing/hitting objects when things go awry, which doesn't work so well in bars.

Then the Pourhouse is run by morons because during bball season, we pack the whole bar for pretty much the whole conference season. No way Florida bball has that type of following. Pourhouse was never a Syracuse football game-watching spot so I'm not sure why they would drop us during bball season. Its also a Kansas bar and they have a nice following there but nothing like Cuse. That makes no sense to me.

For football, East End was good for the NC State game. 30 dollars all you can drink deal during the game and sound. Needless to say, Im not testing fate by going anywhere else for the Ga Tech game.

Totally agree, but that's what they told a friend of mine who works with the Alumni Club. Really enjoyed watching last year's Mizzou game and the Cal NCAA Tourney game there.