New golf rules? | Syracusefan.com

New golf rules?

upperdeck

Living Legend
Anyone in a league that is looking at these new rules?

Ours is thinking of implementing some this year and not waiting until 2019

1) leaving the flag in
2) simplifying the ball drop guidelines
3) changing the OB/lost ball procedure

I like pretty much all the new rules. Especially if it helps pace of play.

Love that you’ll be able to ground your club in a hazard. Not bunkers though. Also love that if the ball moves when you’re about to putt there’s no penalty.

Also they reduced looking for a lost ball to 3 minutes from 5.

I like pretty much all the new rules. Especially if it helps pace of play.

Love that you’ll be able to ground your club in a hazard. Not bunkers though. Also love that if the ball moves when you’re about to putt there’s no penalty.

Also they reduced looking for a lost ball to 3 minutes from 5.
There is nothing worse playing behind a 55 year old guy wearing Rickie Fowler outfits looking for his ball every hole for ten minutes.

Our membership is pretty good about policing pace of play. We’re a mostly flat course and a lot of walkers. We’ll regularly do 18 on weekends at 8am in sub 4 hours

Anyone in a league that is looking at these new rules?

Ours is thinking of implementing some this year and not waiting until 2019

1) leaving the flag in
2) simplifying the ball drop guidelines
3) changing the OB/lost ball procedure

The R&A - New Rules of Golf unveiled by The R&A and USGA

I love all the putting rules. I love anything that speeds up play. But more than anything, I love the fact that these two organizations have really made sweeping changes to make the game more enjoyable. Unfortunately many of the sports and activities that those of us in the 40 to 70 year old age bracket enjoy (whether it's golf, bowling, tennis, softball, fishing, hunting, etc) have really seen the participation numbers decline in the next generation. Specifically the game of golf has huge challenges that has hurt the growth of golf in the last ten years, so the more the R & A and the USGA can do, the better the game is.

Golf needs to go to 9 holes...18 is too long. Courses would do better to sell 9 holes for development.

I remember a few years ago being behind a threesome that had some money on their game. Three men in their 50-60's... two were slow walkers. Take about 8 minutes looking for their lost ball, and then the slow walk continues back to the tee to rehit the tee shot.

The first time coming back he leaves his bag around the 200 yard mark and proceeds to shank his ball off the tee about 100 yards... so he has to walk 100 yards past his ball to grab a new club and then slowly walk back to his ball. He hit a nice recovery shot though....

The new rules will definitely help with this crap.

are there courses not pushing 9 hole play? every course i play offers both. most people seem to want to play 18 if its an 18 hole course and 9 if its a 9 hole course. pace of play is awful , league pace is even worse.. clubs are afraid to push back because they dont want to scare people off.

i dont know how to create new golfers. so many kids dont to anything but use a cell phone.. i finally got my kid to play once he got college and he loves it but he cant find any friends who want to play..

18 holes is perfect for me.. 18 holes 2.5 hrs of golf just right.

are there courses not pushing 9 hole play? every course i play offers both. most people seem to want to play 18 if its an 18 hole course and 9 if its a 9 hole course. pace of play is awful , league pace is even worse.. clubs are afraid to push back because they dont want to scare people off.

i dont know how to create new golfers. so many kids dont to anything but use a cell phone.. i finally got my kid to play once he got college and he loves it but he cant find any friends who want to play..

18 holes is perfect for me.. 18 holes 2.5 hrs of golf just right.
2.5 maybe with no one in front of you and you're a single. Otherwise no way you can play that fast.

well you could drive it in an 1.5 or so.. but thats why i play mid week so there is usually no one out there. never play on weekends. the new pin rule is great cause that just wastes time too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom