NEW NCAA Rule: Clock No Longer Stops on First Downs | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

NEW NCAA Rule: Clock No Longer Stops on First Downs

It would hurt a ball control team that is trying to limit possessions against a more talented high power team.

With all the tempo offenses that snap the ball 5 seconds into play clock won't change much

makes the games more exciting. Either its a 2 min warning like the NFL or do it this way
We could add alot of rules to make games more exciting by trying to make less talented teams on more equal ground if that's our goal here.

I prefer giving the whole game as much emphasis as the final 2 minutes. Seems silly to change the rules.

Next thing they have to tackle is replay. They have to stop replaying meaningless plays. 3rd and 10, did he actually catch that 2 yard pass before going out of bounds or was it bobbled? We must know!

And then it's an obvious call, but since they went to TV timeout, we have to wait 2 more minutes.
Why can’t they eliminate the reviews altogether and defer to coach’s challenges? Give each team 2 challenges. If the play is correctly overturned they keep the challenge. If not they are charged a timeout and lose that challenge. No more video reviews from the booth!

It’s not this complicated!

well in some yrs this means about 3 less stopages for SU a game it seems..

I wonder what it brings for long plays that lead to a first down.. is the clock not stopping but the play clock is?
How does the NFL handle that?

I wonder how much time this will shave off of the average game?

id preliminary estimate 15 to 30 mins will be saved depending on the 2 teams playing as long as espn doesn't increase the commercial times anymore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom