New Player Welcome Videos | Syracusefan.com

New Player Welcome Videos

SUFaninNJ

Living Legend
I just have to say that I LOVE these short videos that alums are doing to welcome the new players and announce their signing. It's a small but effective way (IMO) to reach back into the past to the alums and make a small connection to the future. Go Orange!!

I just have to say that I LOVE these short videos that alums are doing to welcome the new players and announce their signing. It's a small but effective way (IMO) to reach back into the past to the alums and make a small connection to the future. Go Orange!!

Totally agree. Fantastic job! Great to keep the alums involved and connected to the program, in particular with all the changes in coaching staffs over the years.

Maybe Dougie could do a video for one of the players? He could pretend he was answering a Donnie Webb question, would be hysterical.

Also interesting that these videos have a presenting sponsor, Nissan. I am not sure I have seen that before.

Please excuse my ignorance but where do you find these welcoming videos?

They staff truly hit a home run today with the alum welcome videos, the coaches video talking about each player. It's been awesome!

Gotta get Rob Drummond, Darius and Freeney in there next year!!

Incidentally, I noticed that Drew Gissinger did one of the videos. His name was mentioned earlier this week in another thread, but he's worth $100 million according to Wikipedia. Nice to see him still connected to the program and wondering if there are opportunities to further leverage that, if you know what I mean.

And both Don's.

And maybe the G.O.A.T.?

Would also be cool to include our famous sportscasters too.
(You could do a whole recruiting class with just those guys)

I certainly wouldn't mind being intro'd by Vanessa Williams or Megyn Kelly. :cool:

And both Don's.

And maybe the G.O.A.T.?

Would also be cool to include our famous sportscasters too.
(You could do a whole recruiting class with just those guys)

I certainly wouldn't mind being intro'd by Vanessa Williams or Megan Kelly. :cool:

"Rob Konrad swam 30 miles back to the coast of the United States to announce the top RB recruit of the 2018 Syracuse football recruitment class"

Maybe Jamesville-DeWiit needs to produce another D1 football player and we could get Rob (or Scott) back in the mix!

The Athletic Department and Football Recruiting staff marketed very, very well today. Tweets, descriptions, video intros, appearances/social media takeovers on local and national sports outlets.

Home run for them. Major kudos.

Remember this when someone has to wait four seconds in line at the beer stand and creates a thread to complain. (ha)

Darius and McNabb were two that I thought of. And Keith Bulluck.

Agree, they were overall very good. Some were great.

The whole idea of family is great and should be used more in the future.

They did a great job adding welcome videos. Next year, just have the guys video some padding at the beginning and ending and then edit it out in post. One of those videos you could hear the cameraman say "go" and then "great" lol.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom