New rights deal for Big 12 | Syracusefan.com

New rights deal for Big 12

It is just like a real network except everyone that wants to watch it has to sign up for it and pay each month, and ESPN keeps all the money. So if you discount the $10 to $30 million per year per school, yes, it is the same.

The B12 just accepted its status outside the P4 conferences that really do have networks. It is good to finally come to terms with the truth. Welcome to life with the AAC and the Ivy, B12,

It is just like a real network except everyone that wants to watch it has to sign up for it and pay each month, and ESPN keeps all the money. So if you discount the $10 to $30 million per year per school, yes, it is the same.

The B12 just accepted its status outside the P4 conferences that really do have networks. It is good to finally come to terms with the truth. Welcome to life with the AAC and the Ivy, B12,
B12 is third in revenue.. Are we last?or does the ACC network put us up to 4th?

Article has B12 in 3rd...

"Big 12 schools currently each get $40.1 million annually in rights fees. Even a modest increase in those fees would further entrench the league in third place behind the Big Ten and SEC in that category."

We poor again? Lol.

"Big 12 schools currently each get $40.1 million annually in rights fees. Even a modest increase in those fees would further entrench the league in third place behind the Big Ten and SEC in that category."

We poor again? Lol.
I think he’s looking at ACCN projections. The truth is nobody in the public has a really solid grasp on how much we’ll make. It could be good, or it could be an improvement, but generally mo’ of the status quo.

Either way, games are won on the field, which is what I care about. Money is nice, but beating your chest about your favorite school’s conference payout (or finances for that matter) seems off.

I think he’s looking at ACCN projections. The truth is nobody in the public has a really solid grasp on how much we’ll make. It could be good, or it could be an improvement, but generally mo’ of the status quo.

Either way, games are won on the field, which is what I care about. Money is nice, but beating your chest about your favorite school’s conference payout (or finances for that matter) seems off.

ACC wins football NC and basketball NC.

The conference is doing pretty well.

We poor again? Lol.

I don't think that's correct. I believe the Big XII may have paid out $40.1 million in TOTAL revenue one year, but the media rights have been $19 million to $20 million - this bumps it up to $22 million. I would think you guys of all people would keep your apples and oranges from getting mixed up!

2017 Big XII revenue
ACC Football Rx: 2017 Big XII Revenue

2018 Big XII revenue
ACC Football Rx: Big XII 2017-18 Estimated Payouts

Ahh.. That's a bit more in depth than the CBS article. IIRC, the ACCN is projected to add $10-12 Million, per school.

Just wondering where the conferences stack up, as the ability to invest in the programs affect the product on the field...

I don't think that's correct. I believe the Big XII may have paid out $40.1 million in TOTAL revenue one year, but the media rights have been $19 million to $20 million - this bumps it up to $22 million. I would think you guys of all people would keep your apples and oranges from getting mixed up!

The WVU partisans typically throw everything including the kitchen sink -- and the couch on the porch -- into their calculations and then present the total as their "media deal."

Here's a live view of WVU fans' Big XII hopes and dreams:
giphy.gif

Mountaineers better hope the ACC decides to expand - with an Eastern football rival!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom