New Rival | Syracusefan.com

New Rival

David332

All American
I don’t need someone to tell me who are rivals are, I can’t stand Louisville now. Have never had my heart ripped out like that before. And the Lamar Jackson stuff was nauseating to stack on top of it.

Also, how in the world does ACCN cut into a live game and dub over the audio on TWO plays just to replay the Lamar Jackson speech? I don’t think I’ll ever forget this game.

I doubt that Louisville even gives our FB program a second thought.
Some rivalries are mutual, others are not. I will forever have disdain against Louisville after this massacre. Not that it’s their fault or anything, just can’t stand them now.

I don’t need someone to tell me who are rivals are, I can’t stand Louisville now. Have never had my heart ripped out like that before. And the Lamar Jackson stuff was nauseating to stack on top of it.

Also, how in the world does ACCN cut into a live game and dub over the audio on TWO plays just to replay the Lamar Jackson speech? I don’t think I’ll ever forget this game.

"Speech" is a kind way to put it. He rambled and said he didn't even prepare a speech. That came off as lazy as our defense.

"Speech" is a kind way to put it. He rambled and said he didn't even prepare a speech. That came off as lazy as our defense.
I’ll be fair though, public speaking is very hard. I get nervous talking in church and that’s only 50-60 people. I’ll cut him some slack there.

When they replayed Jackson’s interview there were probably 15 Cuse fans still watching the game and they’re all on this board lol.

The viewers were all LVille fans at that point

Some rivalries are mutual, others are not. I will forever have disdain against Louisville after this massacre. Not that it’s their fault or anything, just can’t stand them now.
Eh. I thought the field goal at the end to make it 41 - 3 was a little much but he pulled his starters pretty early on.

I’ll be fair though, public speaking is very hard. I get nervous talking in church and that’s only 50-60 people. I’ll cut him some slack there.

I'm not saying I'm any better! I just couldn't believe he didn't prepare anything. It's not like this was a surprise. It's a major honor. Put some effort into throwing together a 2-3 minute speech to show the fans you care.

I'm not saying I'm any better! I just couldn't believe he didn't prepare anything. It's not like this was a surprise. It's a major honor. Put some effort into throwing together a 2-3 minute speech to show the fans you care.
Seems like his priorities are right. Needs to stay focused on his day job if he wants to eventually win an NFL championship.

If we had made a game of it then I doubt this happens with Lamar’s rambling. Winners get treated like winners. Losers get treated like we did on Saturday

If we had made a game of it then I doubt this happens with Lamar’s rambling. Winners get treated like winners. Losers get treated like we did on Saturday
Agree. We're the team who made the game unwatchable and left them scrambling for somewhat entertaining content. After the first quarter, I was reading the internet with only one eye on the game anyway.

Seems like his priorities are right. Needs to stay focused on his day job if he wants to eventually win an NFL championship.
His NFL salary would allow hiring a speech writer to stay focused while showing proper appreciation and respect for his fans and university.

Agree. We're the team who made the game unwatchable and left them scrambling for somewhat entertaining content. After the first quarter, I was reading the internet with only one eye on the game anyway.
+1
along with lowering audio to near zero after hearing enough of that inept broadcast team.

His NFL salary would allow hiring a speech writer to stay focused while showing proper appreciation and respect for his fans and university.
That’s certainly one way to do it. Given the choice, I’d prefer to hear his extemporaneous comments in the moment than what a speech writer would prepare for him.

Hiring a speech writer would be very much out of character for Lamar Jackson, who has not even hired an agent.

Our rival’s Vtech, BC and to a lesser extent Clemson.

Louisville and Pitt cross us off as easy money on their calendar.

Actually knew someone who was in the NCSU lockerroom in 2016 and 2017. We were known as the easiest cupcake on their schedule and the rolling joke in the lockerroom.

Losses like yesterday don’t just hurt because we blew our easiest remaining chance at a bowl. It hurts because it reaffirms that our program’s still a mess. At least to outsiders (recruits) eyes. Fuel to opposing recruiters pitch