New Rivals 2012 top 150 | Syracusefan.com

New Rivals 2012 top 150

Cuse4

Scout Team
Ledo at 8, Coleman drops to 27, Jefferson 36, Grant 61 ... really puzzled by such a drastic drop in Coleman's ranking over the years.

As much as I want to get Coleman its became obvious that he might have reached his cieling, which isnt to say he wont be a great college player but what you see with him now is what your probably going to get. However, I think rivals has the worst out of the three major recruiting rankings.

Really? I usually think of them as 1, with ESPN an Scout as 2a and 2b ... and why do you think he has reached his ceiling? Yes, he does look like a college senior, but I feel that his post up game can improve light years in college.

I like him as a player because hes going to bring interior scoring and rebounding to any team he goes to, but athletically hes not gonna get much better, and he's 6'8" which is an undersized center. After watching a lot of his highlights and seeing him in person once I think he will be an Arinze Onuaku type except with more aggressiveness on the boards.

since we have no affiliation can't we refer to them as scout and rivals?

It seems that Coleman has been sliding in both Scout and Rivals rankings, and Ledo slipped quite a bit in Scout's. Nobody seems to question Ledo's talent, but he lacks something. Coleman does not possess the top end athleticism or possibly drive to be among the elite players in the country. I haven't seen enough of either to make those judgements, but one of the things that makes a great player great is the drive to be the best.

Coleman is much more athletic than you guys are giving him credit for ... definitely more athletic than AO.

Like I said, I haven't seen him enough to judge, but if he is that athletic, I really hope he chooses the home team.

Ledo at 8, Coleman drops to 27, Jefferson 36, Grant 61 ... really puzzled by such a drastic drop in Coleman's ranking over the years.

As am I. I could understand him falling a little but he is really starting to drop off.

espn's integrity took a big jump up when dave telep started working for them. imo hes the best in the business

As am I. I could understand him falling a little but he is really starting to drop off.

We are looking at it as Coleman dropping, could also be that others are rising. Remember Coleman has been a physical specimen for a long time which would give him an advantage on other kids. Many kids aren't there yet physically and as they begin to get there their level of play rises. Doesn't mean Coleman is worse, just isn't clearly ahead of others like he once was.

I know I am in the minority, but Coleman has always worried me. When a kid is 6'8" and 280 pounds as a soph/jr, I think you have to wory about his athleticism. What's his stamina going to be like in a longer college game against quicker opponents? At camps he doens't have to play 30 minutes as there are other centers on the team that need playing time. Has he peaked? Has his performanced been based on over powering smaller HS kids? Yeah, he could be a college version of Shaq and people here seem to think he will make or break the 2012 recruiting class and IMHO there are worse things than not getting him.

Coleman is much more athletic than you guys are giving him credit for ... definitely more athletic than AO.

That isn't saying much (nothing against AO - he was awesome). I don't think anyone who can play major D1 basketball isn't athletic, but I think compared to the elite of his class, he may a notch below.

off the top of my head, I do not feel that Cam Ridley, Isaiah Austin and Brandon Ashley are more athletic than Coleman ... unless something has changed in recent rankings, they are all ranked higher than Coleman.

Isaih Austin is basically a guard in a centers body so I dont think that his athleticism is in question and hes way ahead of Coleman in this category. Brandon Ashleys game is based more on athleticism right now rather then polished post moves, and I cant really comment much on Ridley cause I havent seen him play that much, but he seems to be a similar player to Coleman and if the rankings are any indication he seems to be on an upward trajectory meaning that he probably has a better motor and shows more every time hes on the floor.

i saw Isaiah Austin play and I was less than impressed.

I agree that there are worse things than not getting Coleman. I worry about his height and stamina but that deosen't mean it wouldn't be great to have him. Just seems like he could push people around down low.

Would we be able to play him at the 4 if we have any of our current centers?

fwiw ashley committed to zona today

Isaih Austin is basically a guard in a centers body so I dont think that his athleticism is in question and hes way ahead of Coleman in this category. Brandon Ashleys game is based more on athleticism right now rather then polished post moves, and I cant really comment much on Ridley cause I havent seen him play that much, but he seems to be a similar player to Coleman and if the rankings are any indication he seems to be on an upward trajectory meaning that he probably has a better motor and shows more every time hes on the floor.

Not trying to be a dick, but have you seen Austin play? He is not even close to the player he was once described to be ... he is really stiff and cannot do much ... I would definitely say he is the most overrated player in the class. Ashley not far behind lol. Although he is long, he is really slow and not too athletic.

No its no problem Cuse Ive seen him play a couple of times, and I think that hes gonna be good but I think hes awkward right now because of how long he is and the skillset that he has.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom