New rule adopted by NBA would really help Cuse and college BB | Syracusefan.com

New rule adopted by NBA would really help Cuse and college BB

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
So this year they’ve adopted the international rule of only resetting the clock to 14 seconds on an offensive rebound .. can you imagine what this would do for the pace of play in college ? No more hold it for 25 seconds .. miss.. rebound .. repeat

So this year they’ve adopted the international rule of only resetting the clock to 14 seconds on an offensive rebound .. can you imagine what this would do for the pace of play in college ? No more hold it for 25 seconds .. miss.. rebound .. repeat

I could see 20 seconds if the college game ever adopts it. Also would like to see 4 quarters and 1 time out for each team for each quarter, use it or lose it. Do away with the auto commercial break stoppages at the 16, 12, 8, and 4 minutes marks. There are enough stoppages for clock issues, potential flagrant foul reviews, player injuries, blood on the uniform, referee consultations about calls, etc. to accommodate the loss of those stoppages.

Cheers,
Neil

I could see 20 seconds if the college game ever adopts it. Also would like to see 4 quarters and 1 time out for each team for each quarter, use it or lose it. Do away with the auto commercial break stoppages at the 16, 12, 8, and 4 minutes marks. There are enough stoppages for clock issues, potential flagrant foul reviews, player injuries, blood on the uniform, referee consultations about calls, etc. to accommodate the loss of those stoppages.

Cheers,
Neil
I am really not a believer in 4 quarters in college hoops. It gives 2 additional opportunities to stall possessions. We need less of that, not more.

Cheers,
Neil

Those TV timeouts are especially brutal when you’re at the game. They just really kill the flow of the game.

I love the idea of four 10 minute quarters, it would speed the game up taking into account all of the media timeouts we have to sit through during the two halves. I get the point to not want stall ball at the end of each quarter though, change the last minute of possession for each qtr to 24 seconds. Too radical probably.

I am really not a believer in 4 quarters in college hoops. It gives 2 additional opportunities to stall possessions. We need less of that, not more.

Really? Some teams start stalling at like the 5 minute mark of the 2nd half. ;)

Only thing that will end stall ball is a 24 second clock, which I prefer, but doubt we will ever get that.

Cheers,
Neil

Back in the day... when a timeout was called before the 16/12/8/4 minute stoppages .. that timeout replaced those stoppages so you never got timeout .. minimal play .. timeout

I have been to games in Milan and Madrid with the games taking almost 30 mins less to finish. I have been to a Knicks game with non Americans and they were shocked with all of the stoppages. We deserve better as fans. The skill and athleticism is off the charts but having TV timeouts makes the game so much worse.

This would be a great idea. Going back to 30 doesnt make sense when you dont need to bring the ball up the court. It should reset to 20 as someone else mentioned (30 sec shot clock - 10 second allowance to bring the ball up the court).

I agree they should reset the shot clock to 20 seconds on an offensive rebound because you don't need the extra 10 seconds to bring the ball up the court. I don't want quarters because I don't want to see 2 more opportunities to play for the last shot. Regardless of the timing format, the broadcasters and the NCAA will work out a timing scheme to get the commercials in, so get rid of the notion that going to 4 quarters will reduce the number of commercials.

They do need to make the team timeout-TV timeout relationship better, say if the team timeout is within 30 seconds of the regular TV timeout slot, no TV timeout.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom