New rumors of TCU to Big12 and maybe WVU too. | Syracusefan.com

New rumors of TCU to Big12 and maybe WVU too.

If that happens, it will be interesting to see what Notre Dame does.

"Unfortunately for the Horned Frogs, neither the Big 12 nor the Big East are on the most stable of grounds" I think TCU should be looking at all of it options. The Big East is far less stable and if you are going to join an AQ league the Big 12 is the better option at this point. With this move it would only through the balance off more. I really hope WVU gets a spot, I am content with our move to the ACC and really only feel bad for the future of their program. I have always cheered for WVU when not playing CUSE and will continue to do so.

Agree Marty. I want WVU in the ACC too. You have 3 existing rivalries with SU, Maryland and Pitt and will renew the VT and BC series. Not a bad base for an expanding conference. Basketball is solid and who wouldn't pay to see Huggins go into Cameron or the Dean Dome and take out one of those teams with his band of misfits?

I know I know, academics.

Not really much there - almost entirely speculation. The part about WVU and UL has zero credibility at all.

"West Virginia and Louisville would be the next two targets"

"Whether or not the two schools really are in the running is yet to be confirmed"

--> Soooo, WVU and UL are the 2 next targets despite the fact that there is zero confirmation that that is actually true. And...

"But were the Big 12 expand to beyond 10 teams — although that doesn’t appear to be the desire at this point"

--> So there is no desire right now by the Big 12 to expand beyond 10 teams and there is zero confirmation that if they did WVU and UL would be considered. Not much to read in that article that can't be read on every message board in America with the title "what I think the conferences might do"

Not really much there - almost entirely speculation. The part about WVU and UL has zero credibility at all.

"West Virginia and Louisville would be the next two targets"

"Whether or not the two schools really are in the running is yet to be confirmed"

--> Soooo, WVU and UL are the 2 next targets despite the fact that there is zero confirmation that that is actually true. And...

"But were the Big 12 expand to beyond 10 teams — although that doesn’t appear to be the desire at this point"

--> So there is no desire right now by the Big 12 to expand beyond 10 teams and there is zero confirmation that if they did WVU and UL would be considered. Not much to read in that article that can't be read on every message board in America with the title "what I think the conferences might do"

Yep, sounds like someone's "What I would like to see" scenario. Nothing more than what has been posted on this forum several times over.

I did state that this was "rumors". Only true thing that can be said is that they are looking to expand.

Boren also announced the Big 12 is looking to expand, "reactivating" its expansion committee. He pointed out Oklahoma gets to remain in a "geographically contiguous" conference that will be better for students and the families of athletes. His bit on a healthy heartland conference being good for America ... that might sound corny and like the kind of thing school presidents say when it concerns the interests of their own schools, but I totally agree with him.

IF there is a 5th SuperConference, that's where it will be.

Agree Marty. I want WVU in the ACC too. You have 3 existing rivalries with SU, Maryland and Pitt and will renew the VT and BC series. Not a bad base for an expanding conference. Basketball is solid and who wouldn't pay to see Huggins go into Cameron or the Dean Dome and take out one of those teams with his band of misfits?

I know I know, academics.

WVU would be a great fit TV market and academics aside. However, IF Clemson and FSU are demanding that football strength be a must for further expansion and some of the southern (Va Tech, UVA, UMD) are opposed to playing in a "northern" division then I can't think of a better fit than WVU. Send em North, focus on the portion of the DC market they could help deliver, and put some sort of stipulation on academic improvement within 5-10 years in their entrance contract. With bigger conference revenue they could afford to be a bit more selective when browsing through potential applicants.

I'd love to see WVU and UCONN join us in the ACC if ND isn't a real option (and I don't think they are). WVU's only problem is its US News & World Report ranking, which puts disproportionate emphasis on admissions selectivity and SAT scores of incoming students. I don't know how much control the WVU administration has over admissions as I've heard it is under political pressure to maintain an open admissions policy for in-state students. WVU is still a fine university despite what USN&WR thinks. And somebody has to be ranked at the bottom of the conference academically so why not WVU.

I bear no ill will towards Rutgers, but UCONN trumps RU any way you look at it. Some day they might go to the B10 with the Domers, but I think that may be at least a decade away. In the interim, recruiting in NJ for Coach Marrone and his staff just got a whole lot easier.