New ST Coach: James Vollono | Syracusefan.com

New ST Coach: James Vollono

In his two seasons at Troy, the Trojans have won 23 games and back-to-back Sun Belt championships. Additionally, Troy kickers have converted on 36-of-43 field goals, 83.7 percent, since his arrival on campus.

In 2023, Scott Taylor Renfore put together one of the best seasons in program history by a kicker connecting on 19-of-24 field goals, the second-most makes in school history and tied for the second-most attempts. In the punting department, Robert Cole ranked ninth in a season in program history with a 42.27 average.

In his first season, Brooks Buce connected on 17-of-19 field goal attempts while Mike Rivers averaged 42.1 yards per punt. Buce's 89.47 success rate on field goals established a Troy single-season program record, while Rivers' punting average ranked 10th all-time in school history. From a return standpoint, the Trojans did not allow a kickoff return or a punt return touchdown all season and ranked 33rd nationally in opponent kickoff return average.

1705326346843.gif

The mystery of the 10th assistant solved at last.

Seems likely to be a bigger contributor recruiting than Licky was.

Like getting a coach with his background in the DMV on staff is important. We all know it is a key area for us.

And he has coached in Edmonton, so he should he able to handle things here.

Welcome to Syracuse James!

Last edited:
As long as we don’t kick the ball out of bounds at absolute worst time, I’m happy. Oh, and I also want all touchbacks on kick offs. Never want to see a return again.
that’s it my bar is relatively low.
Mine are simple too. I want the best kicker and punter in the country, ever year. No exceptions. Is that too much to ask?

As long as we don’t kick the ball out of bounds at absolute worst time, I’m happy. Oh, and I also want all touchbacks on kick offs. Never want to see a return again.
that’s it my bar is relatively low.
and please stay away from the bouncing ball on punt returns and please dont try and catch the punt inside of the 10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom