New Star Wars trailer | Syracusefan.com

New Star Wars trailer

How many points do I lose if I admit that I've never seen Star Wars... any of them..

CuseTroop said:
How many points do I lose if I admit that I've never seen Star Wars... any of them..
None, as long as you have seen the first two Godfathers.

Oh hell yes.

The first trailer was OK, but that one got me excited.

tumblr_m7hb0tj1Jg1rnu33n.gif

honestly if you watch movies at all there is a set of movies that people must watch before you are allowed to comment on others. if you are not a movie watcher then you get a pass.

It looks incredible, the trailer was a homerun. The ending, just wow. Chills.

I wonder if Lucas is a little bitter. People are talking about how much this looks like real Star Wars because it was shot using matte paintings, sets and extras instead of a green screen. Stuff Lucas thought of as limitations when he made the originals. I think he got too enamored with digital effects.

It looks incredible, the trailer was a homerun. The ending, just wow. Chills.

I wonder if Lucas is a little bitter. People are talking about how much this looks like real Star Wars because it was shot using matte paintings, sets and extras instead of a green screen. Stuff Lucas thought of as limitations when he made the originals. I think he got too enamored with digital effects.

Yup... gotta get back to the gritty world of the original trilogy. Abrams promised he was going to use practical effects and it looks like he is delivering. In other words... he's getting back to making it look like a movie instead of a video game.

I'll go ahead and admit something relative to this thread.

I have seen all six Star Wars movies, countless times. And saw all six in the theaters. I own them all on vhs, DVDs, and blu-Ray. My son has my old toys. Even though the newer three were terrible, they were still Star Wars and help make up the greatest movie experience of my 44 years.

And I HAVE NOT SEEN EVEN ONE GODFATHER MOVIE.

I have seen all six Star Wars movies, countless times. And saw all six in the theaters. I own them all on vhs, DVDs, and blu-Ray. My son has my old toys. Even though the newer three were terrible, they were still Star Wars and help make up the greatest movie experience of my 44 years.

tumblr_m805wbWLJ11qbw7q9o5_r1_250_zpsqgsipi9g.gif

The production values and character development in Godfather 1 & 2 are really second to none. There might be some movies that match up, but I don't think you can say any are better. I envy your position... To be able to discover those again would be awesome. Watch them both and remember they are hard to fully appreciate until you see them at least a few times. I watch them at least once a year.

And then there's this - Rogue One teaser

http://www.thedailybeast.com/cheats...-one-teaser-leaks.html?source=TDB&via=FB_Page

A teaser for the Star Wars prequel Rogue One leaked online Sunday from the Star Wars Celebration in Anaheim, California. The teaser was shown to the audience who gasped at seeing the original Death Star looming over a planet with Obi Wan Kenobi saying from A New Hope: "For over a thousand generations, the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic. Before the dark times... before the Empire."

Director Gareth Edwards said the film takes place after Revenge of the Sith and follows rebels who steal the plans for the Death Star that later allows Luke Skywalker to destroy it in the original Star Wars film. Rogue One stars Felicity Jones of The Theory of Everything.

I don't get the crashed star destroyer in the desert. Nor that Luke's lightsaber fell to terra firma. Is there no atmosphere in this portion of space?

I'd imagine it was more of a controlled crash as far as the Star Destroyer. Luke/Anakin's lightsaber I don't know.

As an aside, I love that the opening shot of the trailer featured a Star Destroyer. Kind of a nod to A New Hope, ESB, and ROTJ all having one in their opening scenes.