New SU Football Twitter Feed Page for Syracusefan.com | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New SU Football Twitter Feed Page for Syracusefan.com

I like what Duron was saying to that other guy...lol

I don't know if we should include recruits Tom. Too many people now contact recruits who shouldn't. This makes it easier for them to at least identify twitter handles and also ties the site to immature posters committing a violation. We've banned 2 posters for this with a 3rd soon if they contact one more recruit.

I think it should only include coaches and current players.

Sent using my Commodore 64 on Tapatalk 5.3

Can you modify the Twitter handles so they are not links to the actual Twitter accounts but are the names of the recruits? Just a thought, not sure how stupid it sounds as I am not a programmer and I don't use Twitter. Just thinking to make it more difficult for the knuckleheads.

Reminds me of George Costanza's puffy coat from Seinfeld.
Just saw part of that episode while flipping channels this week. Another classic, but with Seinfeld they all are.

I can't believe the immature losers who contact these recruits! Don't they know its a NCAA violation?! I'm glad we blocked these from the site, I can't stand trouble makers. One time I had a friend and he was always jay walking and I said "looky here buddy, jay walking is against the law and if you do it one more time I won't be your friend no more!" Needless to say that criminal kept on doing it... Anyways I digress, secretly stalking this kids via social media sites is totally a way less creepy and more mature way to go about things! So glad were taking the moral high ground because this is toats a super serial problem.

I can't believe the immature losers who contact these recruits! Don't they know its a NCAA violation?! I'm glad we blocked these from the site, I can't stand trouble makers. One time I had a friend and he was always jay walking and I said "looky here buddy, jay walking is against the law and if you do it one more time I won't be your friend no more!" Needless to say that criminal kept on doing it... Anyways I digress, secretly stalking this kids via social media sites is totally a way less creepy and more mature way to go about things! So glad were taking the moral high ground because this is toats a super serial problem.
I presume he is no longer your friend asnd I commend you on your integrity. Its rare these days when "getting away with something is still a desired action.:cool:

Reminds me of George Costanza's puffy coat from Seinfeld.
Upon further review... the coat color is ugly as sin, but I suspect most of the bulky appearance is due to the fleece liner and Brown's physique.

Very OT: If there are any economics teachers on here I found a great site that I use that uses just Seinfeld clips and ties them to basic economic principles. The awesome thing is if there are a few different segments in an episode that fit the theme, they are edited so you don't have to show the whole episode or forward through the episode yourself.

http://www.yadayadayadaecon.com/

Created this as per a request from you guys. It is recruit/coach centric. I will add it to the drop down if people like it.

Right now it is tracking Coach McDonald, Reggie Spearman, Duron Singleton, Simeon Thomas, and Brisly Estime.

Thoughts?

SU Football Recruiting Twitter Feed

I would request this first post be pinned to the top of the recruiting sub-forum...

Can we please remove all kids who signed LOI's elsewhere off of the twitter feed. Spearman, Singleton, etc.

I'm going to puke reading all of the inbred Mizzou/Iowa comments.

Can we please remove all kids who signed LOI's elsewhere off of the twitter feed. Spearman, Singleton, etc.

I'm going to puke reading all of the inbred Mizzou/Iowa comments.

I second this, as of right now almost every tweet is related to Singleton.

I second this, as of right now almost every tweet is related to Singleton.
This has been done.

Need to think about what to do with this for the future. Include current players and coaches? Only include recruits? Thoughts are welcomed...

This has been done.

Need to think about what to do with this for the future. Include current players and coaches? Only include recruits? Thoughts are welcomed...

I'd hate to invade a player's privacy ... some of their tweets aren't exactly suitable for mixed audiences.

The thing with not including recruits, as bees thinks we should do (or, I guess, not do) is that it's REMARKABLY easy to find the Twitter handles for recruits, so people are going to find and contact them whether we have them listed or not.

Frankly, I don't think we should include recruits simply because the vast majority of what they say is so pointless it's absurd, and hurts my brain when I try to read them. I'm good with it just being coaches, current players, and maybe one or two recruiting feeds.

I'd hate to invade a player's privacy ... some of their tweets aren't exactly suitable for mixed audiences.

Chivalry is not dead. Honestly when I read some of their tweets I find myself either rolling my eyes or just ignoring the subject matter. Just like I do on this board at times. ;)
If they are putting it on the internet they have to realize there is no privacy.

Instead of a feed, I would recommend a list of all coaches, current players, and recruits along with their handles. It would be a reference point, and everyone could follow whoever they choose.

Instead of a feed, I would recommend a list of all coaches, current players, and recruits along with their handles. It would be a reference point, and everyone could follow whoever they choose.

That's basically what I posted earlier in the thread.

https://twitter.com/CuseNationLists/lists

This is perfect for the "I don't have Twitter, but I'm interested" folks. Just click on whichever group you want, and then click Subscribe. This way, you don't clutter up your own feed with tons of junk. When you want to see what the football team is up to, go to your profile, click Lists, then SUFootball, and it'll only be tweets from SU football members.

This is time consuming and I'll surely lose interest once it's full, but I'm already up to 42 members of the current football team.

Just include the coaches' feeds and any official SU football feeds, if applicable.

You may also consider adding a recruitnik's feed. Most are affiliated with "competing" boards so that may not be possible.

I wouldn't want to see players' & recruits' feeds or even their handles included here.