New Syracuse Beat Writer - Michael Cohen (Current DO writer) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New Syracuse Beat Writer - Michael Cohen (Current DO writer)

Just to set the record straight, I was offered a position in the new company covering lacrosse year-round. I opted to decline and accept a generous severance package. My last day at the paper is scheduled to be Jan. 31. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all the nice things said about me. I wish Michael and all my friends in the new company much success as they pioneer a new media world.

Just to set the record straight, I was offered a position in the new company covering lacrosse year-round. I opted to decline and accept a generous severance package. My last day at the paper is scheduled to be Jan. 31. I thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for all the nice things said about me. I wish Michael and all my friends in the new company much success as they pioneer a new media world.
Best of luck to you Dave in all your future endevours. It has been a true pleasure to read your articles over the years and even hear your thoughts in the many chats you have done with us.

You will be missed. Someone somewhere is getting a great writer.

Dave you will be greatly missed. I wish you nothing but good fortune in whatever you decide to do. Thank you for all the years of good reads.

Cohen is a typical DO writer.. tries sounding smarter than he is in akward moments. Rahme knew football..he knew the area..he was what we needed. Cohen will be as boring as Poliquin and as clueless as Weidner.

Makes zero sense-It's like asking Belichick to manage the Red Sox. Hope we still hear from you.

Best of luck to you, Dave.

Not surprised to hear but still stinks.

You will be missed Dave and I wish you the best of luck come February.

Thanks for the great reads and insight.

Keep in touch, Dave. I believe most of us here on this board would be interested in where you will be taking your talents. Where ever that may be, they will be getting a gem. Thanks again!

DRahme has done a great job, and his work will be missed. I especially found this year's post mortem breakdowns of the Offense, Defense and Special Teams fascinating. I honestly don't know enough about Cohen's work to offer an opinion. I think the DO has produced some VERY GOOD sports writers in recent years (Thamel, for example).

I hope Dave bookmarks this site and stays in touch. I also hope that he feels inclined to participate and offer insight that he was unable to share as a beat writer at the P/S. I'm sure there's a nugget or two that he could share without breaking any confidences or bertraying and promises.

Makes zero sense-It's like asking Belichick to manage the Red Sox. Hope we still hear from you.

To be fair, Belichick would have been tons better than Bobby V.

The university can't afford to pay its coach and the local paper can't afford to pay a veteran beat writer.

But we're going to the ACC to upgrade our football program.

Ok.

Don't forget that we can't afford band uniforms.

Good luck to you Dave! You have been such a pro and i have enjoyed all of your hard work. Keep your chin up and best of luck to you in the future!

You'll be very missed, Dave. I have truly enjoyed your writing on SU football over the years. Just want to say thank you.