Class of 2022 - New Transfer: Alex Simmons (Ontario / Culver) A/M Transfer from Denver | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 New Transfer: Alex Simmons (Ontario / Culver) A/M Transfer from Denver

the future look good...players from Maryland, Long Island, Canada. You have to think Gary will have the first pick of most top Canadians. Now, even getting players from Culver.
I agree, the influx of Canadians over the next few years will be significant. I also think we will see an occasional player from the Lawrenceville School in NJ as well.

Don't know as much about him as others seem to, so glad to read that everyone is so excited. Onward and upward!

Highlights from the Big East Tournament against Villanova. Simmons had six goals in this game (though I don’t think all are shown here). Excellent shooting. It looks like he was playing attack this game.

This is where it gets interesting. He started at denver as a middie but I believe that he has played exclusively attack since about a quarter of the way through the 2021 season. Birtwistle might have some competition. But we may also run him out as a mid and just try to have him on the field as much as possible. He will almost 100% be on man up.

This is where it gets interesting. He started at denver as a middie but I believe that he has played exclusively attack since about a quarter of the way through the 2021 season. Birtwistle might have some competition. But we may also run him out as a mid and just try to have him on the field as much as possible. He will almost 100% be on man up.

This feels like a midfield add all the way

This feels like a midfield add all the way
I think and hope you are right. He is far from useless off the dodge but he does have a lot of typical canadian offball finisher characteristics. Birtwistle between being a rock solid shooter both inside and outside, as well as having potential off the dodge, still has my vote for third attack. He may still challenge for attack minutes though which hopefully doesn't rock the boat. Probably will have some synergy with Hiltz wherever he is playing.

I guess one year is better than nothing...

rent-center-retail-business-sign-appliance-furniture-electronics-rental-63483195.jpeg

I think and hope you are right. He is far from useless off the dodge but he does have a lot of typical canadian offball finisher characteristics. Birtwistle between being a rock solid shooter both inside and outside, as well as having potential off the dodge, still has my vote for third attack. He may still challenge for attack minutes though which hopefully doesn't rock the boat. Probably will have some synergy with Hiltz wherever he is playing.
They could also go positionless like Virginia

They could also go positionless like Virginia
Feels like everyone is going in that direction these days, but in the end when you put someone on attack it means you are giving them more playing time, and still tends to mean they will be dodging more behind the cage than up top. That last part doesn't have to be true but it usually plays out that way. We felt more "positionless" in 2021 when we always had Dordevic and Curry running the invert.