Class of 2014 - New Uniforms | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 New Uniforms

OrangeUglad

Walk On
So I'm a long time reader, first time poster. But it would appear to me that we're finally fortunate enough to have a blend of "old school" meets "new school" coaching mentality. While we've returned to a smashmouth style of play, we're finally utilizing social media. Since we now have a coaching staff that's embracing today's "fads" or "new recruiting techniques". does this open the door for possibly following the trend of new unique uniforms? i mean it would seem that everybody and their brother played off Oregon's use of new uniforms to attract kids...Would our new lease on recruiting techniques finally get us crazy Nike uni's?

New-HydroChrome-Orange-Syracuse-Helmet-2.jpg

Now I'm not saying we have to go to the extent of Maryland and plaster the state flag all over...but teams like Uconn and Army have more Uniform selection and creativity than we do.

Now I'm not saying we have to go to the extent of Maryland and plaster the state flag all over...but teams like Uconn and Army have more Uniform selection and creativity than we do.

Bring out the neon yellow socks!

While I would be open to new designs, our traditional look is kind of a part of who we are. We are old school deep rooted in tradition as an institution. Our look currently reflects that, and it's great that it does.

Now I'm not saying we can't update somewhat, and make some minor tweaks and changes, but our overall look is solid. That said if we were to add an alternate uniform with a much more modern look, that maybe gets worn once a year, that would be appealing on a lot of fronts both for recruits, jersey sales and fanbase support.

While I would be open to new designs, our traditional look is kind of a part of who we are. We are old school deep rooted in tradition as an institution. Our look currently reflects that, and it's great that it does.

Now I'm not saying we can't update somewhat, and make some minor tweaks and changes, but our overall look is solid. That said if we were to add an alternate uniform with a much more modern look, that maybe gets worn once a year, that would be appealing on a lot of fronts both for recruits, jersey sales and fanbase support.
Agreed. And I have been wanting that metallic orange helmet above as part of an alternate uniform. Modern sweet design yet subtle enough.

Oh I agree...I don't wanna see the current home and away jersey's change. My thought process is simply that many teams now use Nike's new unique designs for alternates to attract recruits and normally unveil them for one or two big games (usually televised). And this coaching staff seems that they'd be more open to something like that...i'm just curious to see if fans would be as well?

im all for it. but I would also like some minor tweaks to the permanent uniforms. I will like to go back to the blue cages, with a single strip down the center of the helmet. have one side of the helmet with nothing on it, that will represent SU tradition. The other side will have the block S.

****Hardnosed HCSS just announced a uniform change and update.

Helmets-leather with a chin strap made from the shoulder tendon of a wilderbeast.

Pants-no pants, no thigh or knee pads, just the shell of genetically enhanced super coconut that is large enough to hold the wedding tackle of all of our hardnosed players.

Jerseys-we will have no jerseys to start the games, by the end of the first half HCSS is requiring each player on the field to have demolished the opponent and stolen the opponent's jersey off of his own back. If any SU player does not have the opponent's jersey by halftime, then they loose scholarship and are no longer considered part of the family.

Cleats-we will now go barefooted my friends.

Would like to see a few alternate uniforms for the Cuse on 2013 similar to what Michigan or OSU does. Recruits like this stuff...