New uni's or changes for '13? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

New uni's or changes for '13?

Week 1 versus Penn State Syracuse will be in the white jerseys as Penn State is technically the home team(because this game is contractually under the B1G jurisdiction) and unless we wear Orange Jerseys we will be in White jerseys. Neutral site games last year featuring NC State-Tennessee and Clemson-Auburn featured both teams wearing their home jerseys, but since SU and Penn State both wear blue both teams can't wear blue jerseys. I don't want drastic changes to our jerseys, but an Orange home jerseys and maybe gray pants to wear with them would be my only uniform changes. The helmet has to stay Orange.

Whose refs will work the game?

Week 1 versus Penn State Syracuse will be in the white jerseys as Penn State is technically the home team(because this game is contractually under the B1G jurisdiction) and unless we wear Orange Jerseys we will be in White jerseys. Neutral site games last year featuring NC State-Tennessee and Clemson-Auburn featured both teams wearing their home jerseys, but since SU and Penn State both wear blue both teams can't wear blue jerseys. I don't want drastic changes to our jerseys, but an Orange home jerseys and maybe gray pants to wear with them would be my only uniform changes. The helmet has to stay Orange.

If SU ever does try orange jerseys again, you have to pair them with white pants. The orange/orange combination before was deadly.

If SU ever does try orange jerseys again, you have to pair them with white pants. The orange/orange combination before was deadly.

i.e. the Denver Broncos.

Broncos.jpg

It's hard to make an orange-jerseyed uniform look good.

I assume there will be B1G refs, as the visitors usually bring the refs.

Except the poster said PSU was the home team.

This game is contractually controlled by Penn State and falls under the B1G jurisdiction. This game is NOT part of Syracuse's Metlife deal. It was agreed to as part of a 3 game series with Penn State and was before the Metlife deal was announced in 2011 or 2012 I forget when that deal happened. I believe the referee crew will probably come from the B1G, but that isn't a problem because Penn State fans are convinced B1G refs have it out for them and always hurt them, but as mentioned typically ref crews come from the road team and SU will technically be the road team so it could be an ACC crew, but I would bet it will be a B1G crew.

This game is contractually controlled by Penn State and falls under the B1G jurisdiction. This game is NOT part of Syracuse's Metlife deal. It was agreed to as part of a 3 game series with Penn State and was before the Metlife deal was announced in 2011 or 2012 I forget when that deal happened. I believe the referee crew will probably come from the B1G, but that isn't a problem because Penn State fans are convinced B1G refs have it out for them and always hurt them, but as mentioned typically ref crews come from the road team and SU will technically be the road team so it could be an ACC crew, but I would bet it will be a B1G crew.

Yeah, I went back and looked at the SU-MetLife announcement and it did not include the PSU game.

Expect nothing new we are very conservative to making changes to the uniforms. I would bet we wear the same Orange block S helmets, same White jerseys with Blue numericals and Orange pants. The "cool" updates to the uniforms will be 44 gloves and undershirts.

Honestly nobody ever knew who the home team was when the contract was signed, but when the gametime wasn't decided until ESPN chose its B1G games and not when it released its early season ACC schedule gave the nugget of information when SU and Penn State signed the 3 games series that this neutral site game was technically designating Penn State and the B1G as the home team for television purposes. Thus, Penn State will be in its blue jerseys and Syracuse will wear white unless they decide to breakout Orange jerseys which isn't likely because we are Syracuse and don't do what almost every other team in the country is doing and atleast try something different since the GROB Orange disaster.

Orange it out baby. Just do it! It's in our name. Why the heck not? And don't use grob as an excuse.