New Walk-on: Ray Featherston | Syracusefan.com

New Walk-on: Ray Featherston

OrangeXtreme

The Mayor of Dewitt
Syracuse basketball recruiting: Ray Featherston, Paschal Chukwu's host brother, to walk-on with Orange (DO)

Ray Featherston, the host brother of Syracuse center Paschal Chukwu, will be a walk-on for the Orange this season, SU Athletics confirmed Friday morning.

Featherston attended Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut and played point guard his senior season. Prior to the 2015-2016 school year, he attended Fairfield Prep in Connecticut, the same high school Chukwu played two seasons at before committing to Providence. Featherston, a 5-foot-9 point guard, tore his ACL early in 2015 and missed the remainder of what would be his final season with the Jesuits.

hey this is actually needed for practice purposes - hopefully he's capable of pushing our scholarship guards

Interesting.

I tend to think that Choate people come to SU to play lacrosse, get into fights, and eventually donate large sums of money to the school. Playing high-level basketball isn't on that list, but there's always got to be a first.

Syracuse basketball recruiting: Ray Featherston, Paschal Chukwu's host brother, to walk-on with Orange (DO)

Ray Featherston, the host brother of Syracuse center Paschal Chukwu, will be a walk-on for the Orange this season, SU Athletics confirmed Friday morning.

Featherston attended Choate Rosemary Hall in Connecticut and played point guard his senior season. Prior to the 2015-2016 school year, he attended Fairfield Prep in Connecticut, the same high school Chukwu played two seasons at before committing to Providence. Featherston, a 5-foot-9 point guard, tore his ACL early in 2015 and missed the remainder of what would be his final season with the Jesuits.

5'9" and 7'2" brothers, nice.

5'9" and 7'2" brothers, nice.
Twins_Poster.jpg

Interesting.

I tend to think that Choate people come to SU to play lacrosse, get into fights, and eventually donate large sums of money to the school. Playing high-level basketball isn't on that list, but there's always got to be a first.

ha. lot of pre based assumptions in here. if you did the exact same thing with a different demographic it would be extraordinarily racist/bigoted - you may have even been banned for a time. thankfully you were only talking about wealthy whites.

This is in a somewhat sarcastic tone.

Really?!?! Another walk on guard? I think that gives us 6 walk on guards...
Being a "walk on isn't a bad thing. If this kid can play well enough he provides the depth this coming team needs at that position. His video showed well in this respect Ball handling skills and the ability to score to the point he can't be ignored out there by the opposition and doubling up elsewhere.

why didn't someone tell me 30 years ago this was a way to walk on??

i didn't get the plum side view till i was a Jr and even then it was up a bit and not as good the bench.

im blaming slater, he was there before me and should've spilled the beans.

Being a "walk on isn't a bad thing. If this kid can play well enough he provides the depth this coming team needs at that position. His video showed well in this respect Ball handling skills and the ability to score to the point he can't be ignored out there by the opposition and doubling up elsewhere.

If we get to the point where a walk-on gets non-garbage minutes, then we might as well bag the season right now.

If we get to the point where a walk-on gets non-garbage minutes, then we might as well bag the season right now.

As things stand now, if one of our three guards gets hurt, we might not have an alternative.