Next 2 games | Syracusefan.com

Next 2 games

Cuse House

All American
VaTech will be tough at home, but if we can steal one there, we should be out for blood at home vs. BC. That would put us at 4-1 in the league and set us up to potentially get back in the conversation. Just feels good right now that our games matter again.

We need good wins to erase our bad losses.
Beating VPI would replace losing to St.John's.
We need good wins to counter the loss to UConn/SJU/BC/Gtown.
Big, big, big, for the resume if we can get a quality road win v. VPI...

We need good wins to erase our bad losses.
Beating VPI would replace losing to St.John's.
We need good wins to counter the loss to UConn/SJU/BC/Gtown.
Miami and Pitt were good wins and IMO will improve as conference play goes. We need 12 wins at minimum in ACC play. At this point, it almost doesn't matter who those 12 come against since by the nature of the ACC, a lot of those wins will termed as "good wins". I believe that Pitt was 25 in RPI coming into today?

Miami and Pitt were good wins and IMO will improve as conference play goes. We need 12 wins at minimum in ACC play***. At this point, it almost doesn't matter who those 12 come against since by the nature of the ACC, a lot of those wins will termed as "good wins". I believe that Pitt was 25 in RPI coming into today?

***Which includes the ACC tournament.

Need to keep improving, and keep beating teams. Last week, the prospect of getting to 10-12 wins in conference seemed unthinkable. After our last two performances, not nearly as unlikely. Still have a long, uphill battle to get there.

***Which includes the ACC tournament.

Need to keep improving, and keep beating teams. Last week, the prospect of getting to 10-12 wins in conference seemed unthinkable. After our last two performances, not nearly as unlikely. Still have a long, uphill battle to get there.
Not to get ahead of ourselves but- Wouldnt 11-7 in league play get SU in? I would think 10-8 would have an outside chance, of course depending on ACC tourney...

If we could just get that Godforsaken UConn game back. The rest we didn't deserve to win but that one just annoys me to death.
Meh. We'll let UConn have that one. They'll be talking about beating us for the rest of the year. We have bigger fish to fry

Not to get ahead of ourselves but- Wouldnt 11-7 in league play get SU in? I would think 10-8 would have an outside chance, of course depending on ACC tourney...
Any normal year - Slam dunk.
This year - We have some bad, bad losses.
10-11 wins, w/ scalps of Duke, NC, Louisville, et al.

Meh. We'll let UConn have that one. They'll be talking about beating us for the rest of the year. We have bigger fish to fry
I'll forget about it when we beat UL, Duke and UNC.

11-7 puts us squarely on the bubble, depending on who those 11 wins were. I think we'd get the benefit of the doubt since we started 8-6 overall. If January-March we are playing our best and finish with 11 or 12 ACC wins, hard to imagine we'd be left out

Miami and Pitt were good wins and IMO will improve as conference play goes. We need 12 wins at minimum in ACC play. At this point, it almost doesn't matter who those 12 come against since by the nature of the ACC, a lot of those wins will termed as "good wins". I believe that Pitt was 25 in RPI coming into today?
11-7 will get it done.

It's not just about how many conf wins you get, but how you are playing last part of season (trends). If their play last 2 games continues thru rest of season, then selection committee would value this more than What loses in non-conf season early on. OTOH, marginal play late in season would require better earlier non-conf wins, which SU lacks. So, keep winning in the ACC.