next commit | Syracusefan.com

next commit

col mustard
killed someone
in the library
sunday
bc he took his top hat
with the candlestick

I would love for it to be either Keith Marshall, Darius Hamilton, Wayne Morgan or Daysean Rippy. Clear top line recruit for this class.

"When" is the critical question -- if we can even equal what we did last year in terms of wins AND be headed to the ACC ... I think that demonstrates a lot of positives. Frankly, an amazing number of positives considering where we were a few years ago.

Don't forget TJ Neal

I'll be a it more realistic and say...

Hopefully one or more of the following: Ron Thompson (TE), Jaylen Coleman (MLB), Alex Pace (DT), Bryce Cottrell (DE/LB), Kenneth Goins (RB/LB), Wayne Morgan (S), Abner Logan (LB/RB), Faton Bauta (ATH/QB), Joe Scelfo (OG), Aaron Curry (DT), T.J. Neal (MLB).

Some Sleepers for ya':
Jeremy Glinton (WR), Josh Manley (DT), Barrington Morris (DE), Josh Glanton (MLB), Luke Thompson (OLB), Merecer Timmis (OLB), and my personal pick Bryan Johnson (DE) out Naussau Community College.

Who? Only 1 -3 players per year (usually about 2)
what? Commit to play football
where? SU
when? During September through October
why? They're focusing on their high school seasons
how? Thickburger?

Abner Logan may be the most physically imposing guy we are recruiting. I won't post it, but if anyone looks at his avatar on twitter @Cuatro_Cuatro, they will understand what I'm talking about.

edit: no homo.

I'll be a it more realistic and say...

Hopefully one or more of the following: Ron Thompson (TE), Jaylen Coleman (MLB), Alex Pace (DT), Bryce Cottrell (DE/LB), Kenneth Goins (RB/LB), Wayne Morgan (S), Abner Logan (LB/RB), Faton Bauta (ATH/QB), Joe Scelfo (OG), Aaron Curry (DT), T.J. Neal (MLB).

Some Sleepers for ya':
Jeremy Glinton (WR), Josh Manley (DT), Barrington Morris (DE), Josh Glanton (MLB), Luke Thompson (OLB), Merecer Timmis (OLB), and my personal pick Bryan Johnson (DE) out Naussau Community College.

Of your top list, I believe we have offered and are in it only with Neal, Goins, Morgan, Logan, and Thompson. Goins seems like a B-lister.

From the bottom, we aren't getting Glinton, and the others probably won't get offers.

Of your top list, I believe we have offered and are in it only with Neal, Goins, Morgan, Logan, and Thompson. Goins seems like a B-lister.

From the bottom, we aren't getting Glinton, and the others probably won't get offers.
Neal is visiting in November, Goins wanted to visit during the USC game weekend but obviously the team was out of town so he is now planning on visiting Nov/Dec. So I doubt either of those two are going to commit in Sept-Oct unless it's elsewhere.

My guess is if we land any of those guys and during Sept-Oct, it would be either Wayne Morgan or Ron Thompson. I'm not saying we will land either one but I could see them both deciding during that period based upon how their recruitment has played out.

On a side note though, how many freaking LB's can we take this year? We already have 4 HS commits, Washington, Whitehurst, Parson, and Owens, plus Myles Davis is supposed to be enrolling in Jan '12. That's 5 and it sounds like we are still recruiting TJ Neal very hard and are supposedly in it with Abner Logan too. And I still see Daysean Rippy's name being tossed around.

LB is definitely not going to be a position of need in the near future if this all plays out. Conley can hibernate in the offseason for a few years after this year's haul lol.

On a side note though, how many freaking LB's can we take this year? We already have 4 HS commits, Washington, Whitehurst, Parson, and Owens, plus Myles Davis is supposed to be enrolling in Jan '12. That's 5 and it sounds like we are still recruiting TJ Neal very hard and are supposedly in it with Abner Logan too. And I still see Daysean Rippy's name being tossed around.

LB is definitely not going to be a position of need in the near future if this all plays out. Conley can hibernate in the offseason for a few years after this year's haul lol.
Possibility of position changes/switch to a 3-4

Possibility of position changes/switch to a 3-4
That's where I'm more or less heading...I'm wondering if the 3-4 is going to become a reality.

I don't think we're going 3-4 as long as Shafer's here. He's a total 4-3 guy. We also don't have the Nose for a 3-4 (although Crume may become that guy), and our DEs aren't big enough.

I don't think we're going 3-4 as long as Shafer's here. He's a total 4-3 guy. We also don't have the Nose for a 3-4 (although Crume may become that guy), and our DEs aren't big enough.
Very possible. If that turns out to be the case, I assume some of these guys are being projected as DE's - which would play into your comment about our DE's not being big enough. I assume if we have a huge stable of athletic LB's (assuming all these guys stick and project there) that we may see some more 3-4 looks but it probably wouldn't be the base look.

I know, but just looking at recruiting numbers, we're switching from more lineman to more linebackers. Maybe Shafer is trying something out or this was his plan all along or he's trying it with the help of the new assistants? But it kind of makes sense. Beaulieu to DT never made sense, Beaulieu possibly playing a 3-4 end position makes a shitload of sense. DT recruiting is going after really, really big boys like Crume, and makes sense for a 3-4, especially with going after short DT's. Meanwhile LB recruiting is through the roof and for the most part we're going after speedy, fast guys rather than big old run stoppers. Sounds like a classic 3-4 set up.

EDIT: Nevermind, Beaulieu is now a TE. Although Goggins and Bromley could be 3-4 ends, but yeah seems less likely but still possible.

Who?
what?
where?
when?
why?
how?

Sign me up for LB Neal, TE Thompson, LB Logan and LB Rippy. As well as more cornerbacks, offensive lineman and a game changing running back and wr. I think that about covers it.

As for linebacker numbers, don't forget that Diabate and Vaughn will be seniors next year and Spruill/Coker already juniors. We need way more depth and we should keep recruiting linebackers until slow walkons don't play half the game.

We're also playing a lot of 3-4

Gloin should not be a B-Lister
Yes he should, he still has few offers at this point in the game, he's kind of small, and there are many recruits that are a higher priority. We have maybe 4 left, and these will go to the best players, regardless of position. I feel like Goins offer is conditional. Neal's offer list is insane. I'd love to get Logan or Rippy, Wayne Morgan would be nice, think Ron Thompson's a need. Those are 5 players bigger and better than Goins.

Pretty sure he's lied about most of his offers

Abner Logan may be the most physically imposing guy we are recruiting. I won't post it, but if anyone looks at his avatar on twitter @Cuatro_Cuatro, they will understand what I'm talking about.

edit: no homo.

walter-sobchak-donny-the-dude.jpg

"Eight-year-olds, Dude." - Walter Sobchak

Edit too late!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online