Next season | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Next season

Somewhere in the 14 minute mark when Richmond came in we went on a good run to close gap up.
And by the time he was taken out, the lead was around 10 again.

DISCLAIMER: I’m still talking about the second half.

the problem is that he came both halves with a double digit deficit. First half he got us even then JB went back to his starting lineup. Next thing we know we are down 12 with 16 to go. We got it to 6. The lineup with Jesse and KR outplayed the starters by far.

We know Buddy will be at the 2 and hope Richmond is at the 1. I believe Benny is a 3 and should be starting there since he is a 5 star guy and looks the part. I think 4 and 5 are the questions. Does Edwards stay and slot into starting at the 5? Do they get a stud transfer to split time at the 5 with Edwards? Do you think a stud transfer will come here after we see what happened to Griffin this season? Does QG stay and lock down the 4 or is that Braz or a transfer. I assume Woody is gone. It will be interesting but let's hope for another sweet 16 type run with more potential to win it all...and oh year no sweating it out on Selection Sunday :)
I look at the AG situation differently.

The kid got a starting spot right away, and kept it even though he was a net negative during the most important part of the season.

JB gave him every opportunity to get right. That kind of loyalty should earn credibility with anyone looking for a chance to get noticed on a big stage.

Now if you’re talking about lack of improvement for AG this year, well that’s not a great look for JB, but AG’s gotta own that. He played opposite QG who clearly improved during his time at SU.

the problem is that he came both halves with a double digit deficit. First half he got us even then JB went back to his starting lineup. Next thing we know we are down 12 with 16 to go. We got it to 6. The lineup with Jesse and KR outplayed the starters by far.
I never said they didn’t. But the halftime deficit was about the same as the deficit when they entered in the second half. And that was about the same deficit when they came out.

So yeah, I’d say we all agree that Edwards and Richmond gave us our best chance to win. Where we differ is that some of you think it would have made a difference had they started the second half. I still don’t think it would have been enough. Houston was the better team.

Will always wonder if the outcome would have been different if JB leaves Edwards in the last 3 minutes of first half instead of pulling him and we fall 10 points down. Then if JB starts Edwards and Kadary for 2nd half. With both on the floor, we were outplaying Houston. Or at least even. Maybe Edwards couldn't play that many minutes without a rest. Don't know.

I never said they didn’t. But the halftime deficit was about the same as the deficit when they entered in the second half. And that was about the same deficit when they came out.

So yeah, I’d say we all agree that Edwards and Richmond gave us our best chance to win. Where we differ is that some of you think it would have made a difference had they started the second half. I still don’t think it would have been enough. Houston was the better team.
They were better. But the eye test says, start KR and Jesse in the second half. I wouldn’t of taken them out in the first either.

Sometimes JBs tendencies hurt us. They absolutely did last night.

when he and kadary came in they were down double digits...they got it back to 20-20...then both sat and the lead went back to 10 without them.

that’s not true either.

It’s entirely true.

sorry, it’s not. K came in we were down 6, not double digits. K was on the court for the rest of the half except the last 6 seconds. So yes he was part of getting it to 20-20 but was also on the court when it went to 20-30. Edwards came in down 3 and came out at down 10.

sorry, it’s not. K came in we were down 6, not double digits. K was on the court for the rest of the half except the last 6 seconds. So yes he was part of getting it to 20-20 but was also on the court when it went to 20-30. Edwards came in down 3 and came out at down 10.
You are correct on Richmond. Jesse was the difference. JB always talks about how these kids don’t get tired. I guess that’s true until it’s not…

you mean came in at down 10 and came out at down 3...he was a net positive...im sure of it.

You are correct on Richmond. Jesse was the difference. JB always talks about how these kids don’t get tired. I guess that’s true until it’s not…
of course they get tired when they never play. whos fault is that though? the players?

bigs, especially young ones, tend to tire more so than other players. He was sucking wind on the bench. Players were working hard out there.

there's no way to know or test what wouldve happened if jesse/kadary played 35 min vs houston...

but they played them pretty even and were better than the players who got smoked...and got more minutes thats just so obvious. KR kinda mailed it in at the end of the game when it was already over and his stats look worse...but he was playing well especially in the first half.

there's no way to know or test what wouldve happened if jesse/kadary played 35 min vs houston...

but they played them pretty even and were better than the players who got smoked...and got more minutes thats just so obvious. KR kinda mailed it in at the end of the game when it was already over and his stats look worse...but he was playing well especially in the first half.

why do you keep lumping them together?

There’s no way they were going to play 35 minutes.

Oh I was on the first lol

Melo was top three with Lenny Cooke and Amare.

1) There are no players at that level in this class of those three. I know it's the thing to make fun of Lenny Cooke now, but he was absolutely sick before it fell apart.
2) Benny will not end up in the top five of this class.

I think Benny will be very good. I think he's a prototypical wing that JB wants to have. I have said that they key to next year would be Benny, Kadary and Buddy.

But there is NO way he is jumping into that class of basketball player.
I’m not saying he is but I hope he does lol.

why do you keep lumping them together?
bc as soon as jesse and kr came in the whole game changed...even though kadary didnt do much in the second half...he was needed out there ...for the life of me i cannot understand why he wasnt driving and dishing throughout the game...buddy and jg had zero chance creating anything. 14 made buckets shows that the 1 on 1 with buddy and jg3 was abombinable. should have given up on that after 4 minutes, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom