Next two are must wins | Syracusefan.com

Next two are must wins

jgeorge322

Living Legend
Or pretty close to keep ncaa hopes alive.

Wake
Nc state
@miami
Unc
@duke
@bc
Clemson

However, the real reason for my post, now that ive got you here, we really shouldve won the bonnies (missed layup by brissett) and nd (inexcusable on any account) games and easily could have won fsu. That would put us at 19-5. Amazing how small the margin of error can be sometimes.

Or pretty close to keep ncaa hopes alive.

Wake
Nc state
@miami
Unc
@duke
@bc
Clemson

However, the real reason for my post, now that ive got you here, we really shouldve won the bonnies (missed layup by brissett) and nd (inexcusable on any account) games and easily could have won fsu. That would put us at 19-5. Amazing how small the margin of error can be sometimes.
Mike Ditka said, "If you live in the past, you die in the past".

Find a way to win three of the final four home games and two road games (number includes the ACCT) and this team is a dancing lock.

Find a way to win three of the final four home games and two road games (number includes the ACCT) and this team is a dancing lock.

Agreed 5 wins including ACC Tourney, I think 4 gets us in but hand wringing on selection sunday

This game against wake is the epitome of must win

I think the team wants to flatten Wake Forest. Last time they played the Orange, they come with their A game and then fall flat against other teams. And they stole a bid from the Orange last year even though SU won head to head. Danny Manning is sliding onto the hot seat.

20 wins prior to ACC Tournament would be dancing. Need to find 4 wins somewhere. I'm not gonna play the which game is must vs what isn't. They all can be wins. Team just needs to put wins together and get to 20.
team has shown it can hang with everyone. we dont need to shoot lights out . just shoot 40 to 45 % and we can get those 4 wins

There should be a separate sub-forum just for these must-win threads.

I agree. Season outlook is such an outrageous topic to discuss on here.

No doubt about it.

Losing to RPI 114 Wake at home would be a catastrophe for our resume. And there's a very good chance we will be competing with NC State for one of the last spots in the tournament. We have to be able to separate ourselves from them.

Amazing how small the margin of error can be sometimes.
That cuts both ways though, too. SU may have won those games, but then loses to Maryland and Georgetown(stillsucks). This is essentially Kenpom's luck statistic.
This shows that you shouldn’t overreact to the outcome of a close game in college basketball (and the same is probably true in most other sports too). Once you get down to the final minute, whether you win or lose has more to do with the bounce of the ball than your actual skill level. So regardless of the outcome, if you went into Cameron Indoor and played a tight game against Duke, you played very well. And if you played a close game at home against Prairie View A&M, you shouldn’t be happy with your performance.

So, you’re both a fan board policeman and a form over substance guy—cool.
Neither, just making an observation. I actually agree with your substance up top. Carry on.

I think it comes down to other teams’ perimeter defense. First time in weeks Frank and Tyus had an easy time turning the corner on anybody. Padgett did us a lot of favors too. It also is all about confidence shooting jumpers. We still will be perimeter reliant. Really hoping last night wasn’t an abberation. I’ll probably be banned and scolded saying that. Certainly happy for a good road win but it felt too easy.

I think it comes down to other teams’ perimeter defense. First time in weeks Frank and Tyus had an easy time turning the corner on anybody. Padgett did us a lot of favors too. It also is all about confidence shooting jumpers. We still will be perimeter reliant. Really hoping last night wasn’t an abberation. I’ll probably be banned and scolded saying that. Certainly happy for a good road win but it felt too easy.

Correct we will be reliant on the perimeter, but it's good to see us score against the third best defense in the conference after us and Virginia.

Correct we will be reliant on the perimeter, but it's good to see us score against the third best defense in the conference after us and Virginia.

Yup, their perimeter shooting was on and they had just enough separation to get better looks than normal. Trying to score inside on UL is tough.

4-5 more wins, no matter where or when. Losing versus Wake would just make it that much more difficult, I think that is all anyone is saying

Exactly. But I guess everyone has to be a wise guy.