Next two are must wins | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next two are must wins

Brown is out now right for Miami? Can they steal that? Lots of guard firepower in that one.

i think we can beat anyone who doesnt play that swarming m2m defense. That is our kryptonite. Im not as concerned about the other teams offense outside of maybe duke. I think we give miami a game.

Not everyone, just some of us. I will now go sit in my time out chair for a few hours.

HA no need for a time out. I shouldn't be grumpy. I'm actually in a great mood after the win last night. Just hoping we can build off it and gain some momentum.

these next 2 games are the 2 most winnable games left on the schedule. win them and we'll be right where we need to be, lose either of them and we'll need to do some heavy lifting to earn a bid

i think we beat wake fairly easy, nc state will be tough game

i think we can beat anyone who doesnt play that swarming m2m defense. That is our kryptonite. Im not as concerned about the other teams offense outside of maybe duke. I think we give miami a game.

I can’t remember since I tried to block those games out (albeit Ws) since we couldn’t score but didn’t Pitt play a lot of zone?

The wake game 100 pct is. Can't have another bad loss esp at home. I would say of UNC nc state and Clemson we have to get two of the three.

I can’t remember since I tried to block those games out (albeit Ws) since we couldn’t score but didn’t Pitt play a lot of zone?

I dont really recall either. I think pitt might of played zone in the first game more. Jb might of wondered in the presser in second game why they didnt zone us more that game. I think the pressure m2m scares me but maybe im not giving uva enough credit for how they guard. That game has scarred me.

I dont really recall either. I think pitt might of played zone in the first game more. Jb might of wondered in the presser in second game why they didnt zone us more that game. I think the pressure m2m scares me but maybe im not giving uva enough credit for how they guard. That game has scarred me.

Def with you though in regards to any decent to good M2M. Kryptonite.

Our m2m offense is better than our zone offense. Unless we’re very hot from 3 which isn’t the norm at all.

we only had 44 pts v Virginia.

Yep. But Virginia is a whole different beast. I’m talking more the norm.

I think it comes down to other teams’ perimeter defense. First time in weeks Frank and Tyus had an easy time turning the corner on anybody. Padgett did us a lot of favors too. It also is all about confidence shooting jumpers. We still will be perimeter reliant. Really hoping last night wasn’t an abberation. I’ll probably be banned and scolded saying that. Certainly happy for a good road win but it felt too easy.
Okay, I’ll do it: TSK TSK TSK! I hereby ban you!

(Did it work?)

Yep. But Virginia is a whole different beast. I’m talking more the norm.

uva is fantastic. but my posts were referring to similar teams that play that smothering defense. like pitt teams of year's past.

I see the team going 4-3 down the stretch.

Wins: Wake, NCSt, @BC (very tricky game), and they split Miami/Clemson
Losses: UNC, Duke, Miami/Clemson

That gets them to what 20-11? I think in that position, finally winning one ACCT game would be enough

uva is fantastic. but my posts were referring to similar teams that play that smothering defense. like pitt teams of year's past.

Right now their Def efficiency is the lowest of any team since KenPom has started measuring it.

I think you should be a little more concerned. We have been pretty miserable against both man and zone this year.

That gets them to what 20-11? I think in that position, finally winning one ACCT game would be enough

I think that's what we are capable of - unless the team that shows up against Ga Tech and Va shows up and then we could lose them all. I liked what I saw offensively against Louisville though.

I haven't seen Miami or Clemson this year. I know Clemson is having a heck of a year and Miami is pretty solid but that would be great to split those.

I think that's what we are capable of - unless the team that shows up against Ga Tech and Va shows up and then we could lose them all. I liked what I saw offensively against Louisville though.

I haven't seen Miami or Clemson this year. I know Clemson is having a heck of a year and Miami is pretty solid but that would be great to split those.

Cuse game is I think their 4th in 11 days. So maybe they have some fatigue. Also their previous game is at UVa. So who knows.

I think 20-11 does it for us. Come crunch time I would suspect like the past few years there will be several 12-13 loss teams in the conversation. Our numbers should be strong enough to stand out of that group at 20-11 and a solid sos.

Or pretty close to keep ncaa hopes alive.

Wake
Nc state
@miami
Unc
@duke
@bc
Clemson

However, the real reason for my post, now that ive got you here, we really shouldve won the bonnies (missed layup by brissett) and nd (inexcusable on any account) games and easily could have won fsu. That would put us at 19-5. Amazing how small the margin of error can be sometimes.

Need 4 wins. Cannot lose to Wake. Really shouldn't lose to NCSU. Would love to get @BC and Clemson to finish the regular season on a winning streak. Losing @Duke/Miami and then UNC - those are acceptable if we want to get in the tourney.

Might need an ACCT win.

Just to put some numbers to it...KenPom has us at 65% or better to win each of the next 2. Beyond that, he has us at about 50% on the road at BC, a touch below that against UNC and Clemson, considerably worse against Miami, and far worse against Duke.

So yeah, dropping even one of Wake/NC St. probably puts us in a spot where 8-10 in the ACC becomes our likely ceiling, with 7-11 very possible. No bueno.

Kind of smile reading this thread and can only think back to the movie Ground Hog Day. Seems like every day we wake up, it is a repeat of the day before "next two wins are must"!! Seems like this has been our wau of life for the last few years.