Next week is all about limiting Clemson’s big plays | Syracusefan.com

Next week is all about limiting Clemson’s big plays

OrangeFoo

All American
Having watched a few of their games... their skill position dudes are otherworldly. Men against boys type stuff from them. If we can force Clemson to march up and down the field for 60 minutes we have a shot... if we allow three-plus plays of 30/40 plus yards we will lose.

I don’t know about our D yet... play to play they can be dominant but the backers and dbs definitely are vulnerable to big plays

If we can keep it within a TD by the 4th quarter we will have a fighting chance

I’m going into this game with zero expectations. We’re in the best possible position we can be in.

Roll the ball out and see what happens.

This team has put itself into a great opportunity. And they fight.

Whatever happens, happens.

Our boys will bring everything they got, that I'm sure of. What do we got this year?

We need to play some Scotty Shaf defense and send some serious blitzes because we will NOT stop big plays otherwise. Best course of action is to hit the QB’s early and often. Exactly like last year. Sell out for it. Very aggressive D. Dungey will have to put this team on his back, because we don’t have a Steve Ish or an Irv (well maybe Nykeim, might be) so he’s gonna run a LOT. Custis is a nice WR but his drops are discouraging. We need Dungey to pull out a huge performance, which I think he’s fully capable of. Any chance of getting Ravian back next game? Gonna need him. I’m penciling in this as a L because Idk if I can handle 5-0 Syracuse with a win over Clemson in Death Valley... That’s not possible, right?... Right?

Thank sweet baby Jesus for a noon game.

Clemson has NFL talent all over the DL - but they did last year too.

A banged up and eventually KO’d Kelly Bryant absolutely helped us last year. We played the better game last year for sure but that definitely helped us.

Win the toss - take the ball - score a touchdown. 10-4 in the Dino era when we do.

LFGO

Prediction for the game... Butler finally steps up and has a monster game.

Our OL vs their DL

-Can we get a running game going and give our QB time? Our OL seems pretty legit so far this season. Obviously their DL is legit.

Limit big plays

-No busted coverage, bad turnovers or Etienne quick hitters.

Get pressure on Lawrence

-Force him to feel the pass rush whenever he drops back. Our DL looks pretty strong so far, is that reality or due to our opponents?

Our OL vs their DL

-Can we get a running game going and give our QB time? Our OL seems pretty legit so far this season. Obviously their DL is legit.

Limit big plays

-No busted coverage, bad turnovers or Etienne quick hitters.

Get pressure on Lawrence

-Force him to feel the pass rush whenever he drops back. Our DL looks pretty strong so far, is that reality or due to our opponents?
Their DL isn't legit; it's the best DL in the country. In fact—without Bosa on OSU—it's the best DL in the country by far. I just hope we make it out without any injuries.

Their DL isn't legit; it's the best DL in the country. In fact—without Bosa on OSU—it's the best DL in the country by far. I just hope we make it out without any injuries.

Last year we through a ton of different looks at them and numerous shifts to try and keep their D line from being able to get too comfortable. Given the noise we will be dealing with I will be curious if we try doing some of the same things this year. Gotta be aggressive on defense but no so much we over run things and give Etienne free runs into the secondary all day.

Watching so many of Clemson's games they definitely tend to be slower starters with the earlier games. It will be an interesting matchup. I don't see us getting beat up but think we don't have quite the horses yet to beat them on their turf.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom