Next year: what will the rotation look like? | Syracusefan.com

Next year: what will the rotation look like?

raf4488

Starter
I know many are down on our chances next year, but the roster is far from set right now. Thompson and Battle were terrific at times this year, and they'll return. Lydon may also return as well, which would be a huge boost.

Brissett and Sidibe is one of our more underwhelming classes, but we add Moyer too. The big question again is at PG, where we may bring in Washington. Will we go the transfer route again to bring in a guard or help elsewhere?

There's a lot of questions for sure, but too early to make any definite predictions. I'm very interested to see if Lydon returns, and how the staff attempts to address our shortcomings in the offseason.

If that roster holds it will be the worst team SU has rolled out in the last 50 years.

No hyperbole in that claim at all. I truly think we are looking at a 12-22 type record, and that is if we are smart enough to load up our OOC schedule with cupcakes.

I know many are down on our chances next year, but the roster is far from set right now. Thompson and Battle were terrific at times this year, and they'll return. Lydon may also return as well, which would be a huge boost.

Brissett and Sidibe is one of our more underwhelming classes, but we add Moyer too. The big question again is at PG, where we may bring in Washington. Will we go the transfer route again to bring in a guard or help elsewhere?

There's a lot of questions for sure, but too early to make any definite predictions. I'm very interested to see if Lydon returns, and how the staff attempts to address our shortcomings in the offseason.
I don't think Lydon is back. So it's battle and 5th year and thompson Moyer and a 5 year sf. We have Sidbe, Brisett and Washington off the bench.

If that roster holds it will be the worst team SU has rolled out in the last 50 years.

No hyperbole in that claim at all. I truly think we are looking at a 12-22 type record, and that is if we are smart enough to load up our OOC schedule with cupcakes.
He asked who would be on the team not a prediction on record.

Why are so many people forgetting Howard? Is he leaving team or something. I really think he has potential to be a solid player.

12 and 22? If Battle,Thompson, moyer,lydon, and Howard start we will be fine. 12 and 22 isn't going to happen. Sibide, chukwu, and pick up a juco or 5th year guy and shouldn't be too bad.

Our roster is far from set. there is no way to look at a rotation right now.

Battle will play 38 minutes a game.

TT will play as much as his defense allows, though I don't know who replaces him if it doesn't improve. We'll need his points.

Our 3-man is not in the roster
Our PG is likely not on the roster
Moyer and Brissett will play the 4. TT will play there too, but again, not sure his D will work there. Is he quick enough?
Chukwu will hopefully figure out how to play D, though I'm not super encouraged. Sidibe might be ready and needed to play early.

We need at least 3 more players, and possibly up to 5...

Despite what Battle said, I would not be shocked if he gone.

I do think Lydon will be back, and I really believe if we land a pg we could be pretty good.

I don't get the doom and gloom.

Battle is a stud, both offensively and at the top of the zone. The ACC loses a lot of talent next year, it wouldn't shock me if he's on one of the preseason All-ACC teams.

TT is special offensively. If he can just be average on defense, he'll be a very good player.

Those 2 should make a formidable offensive duo

I'm excited for Brissett, Sidibe and Moyer. I think they will be good role players and it will be fun to watch them develop.

PG does worry me. But there is no way we go into next year with just Howard at PG.

Lydon back would be massive.

If Lydon leaves and we get a PG elsewhere - I think we're a bubble team at worst.

I don't get the doom and gloom.

Battle is a stud, both offensively and at the top of the zone. The ACC loses a lot of talent next year, it wouldn't shock me if he's on one of the preseason All-ACC teams.

TT is special offensively. If he can just be average on defense, he'll be a very good player.

Those 2 should make a formidable offensive duo

I'm excited for Brissett, Sidibe and Moyer. I think they will be good role players and it will be fun to watch them develop.

PG does worry me. But there is no way we go into next year with just Howard at PG.

Lydon back would be massive.

If Lydon leaves and we get a PG elsewhere - I think we're a bubble team at worst.

It comes down to Lydon, if he comes back I think we are in good shape, we were all worried about the pg position going into this year, and things worked out pretty well, I think we can still land a good one.

This is what I think will be the lineup:

Frank Howard
Tyus Battle
Matt Moyer/ Brissett?
Lydon
TT

Howard Washington
Sidibe
Pikachu (if he ever plays again)

I think the 5th year transfers this season spoiled some of us, even though they took time to fit in, and Boeheim took time to find the best lineup. Now it feels like some here are expecting to be able to be that successful every year, including the coming season, as if what the staff did this offseason was easy, and expected...like you can just dial it in. Folks, please dont let this success spoil you. Sure, I know we could do even better, however what I'm reading here makes it seem like some members think they can just expect somewhere anywhere near this season.

Where is he going? Transfer? I haven't seen him on mock drafts.

Yes, but anything is possible if he turns into superman and we somehow destroy every team on the way to the title belt. I did not say I expected him to be gone, I simply said it would not shock me. The dude is talented, and unlikely things happen...and bad ones do seem to happen to us.

Next year scares me - just being realistic. Battle is set, but after that it's all question marks, including TT unless he does a complete 180 on d. I don't expect Howard or Lydon to be back. I expect a 5th year pg transfer. Hoping Chukwu can make progress, but the lack of any semblance of development given his time at Providence and his red shirt scares me. Let's be real about Brisset and Sidibe, they aren't going to come in and set the world on fire next year. Moyer I think will surprise people for his grit. But IMO as it stands right now, I see AT BEST a middle of the pack ACC squad. All these teams have "talent" and there is parody all over college basketball. Our talent for next year does not stand out and right now there appear to be some glaring question marks. I hope I am wrong.

Yes, but anything is possible if he turns into superman and we somehow destroy every team on the way to the title belt. I did not say I expected him to be gone, I simply said it would not shock me. The dude is talented, and unlikely things happen...and bad ones do seem to happen to us.
I was actually going to post this as a joke. We will make it to the NIT final 4 and Battle will put us on his back. LOL! You seem to be serious though which is concerning. Or are you being sarcastic?

I think the 5th year transfers this season spoiled some of us, even though they took time to fit in, and Boeheim took time to find the best lineup. Now it feels like some here are expecting to be able to be that successful every year, including the coming season, as if what the staff did this offseason was easy, and expected...like you can just dial it in. Folks, please dont let this success spoil you. Sure, I know we could do even better, however what I'm reading here makes it seem like some members think they can just expect somewhere anywhere near this season.
I think this is a really, really strong point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom