Next year: what will the rotation look like? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Next year: what will the rotation look like?

Howard won't be the point guard. If he is, we're in deep trouble.
A lot depends on how he develops in offseason. He definitely needs work on his shooting and not dribbling into trouble. He has good size. I will be curious to see how he develops but sadly he is playing the most important position on the court and needs to be a lot better.

12 and 22? If Battle,Thompson, moyer,lydon, and Howard start we will be fine. 12 and 22 isn't going to happen. Sibide, chukwu, and pick up a juco or 5th year guy and shouldn't be too bad.

We lost 2 of our 3 best players and maybe 3 of them and sucked, what's coming in isn't as good as what left, especially with the talent that's leaving. This could be a historically bad year.

12 and 22? If Battle,Thompson, moyer,lydon, and Howard start we will be fine. 12 and 22 isn't going to happen. Sibide, chukwu, and pick up a juco or 5th year guy and shouldn't be too bad.
We were 3 buzzer beaters away from being 15-17 this year.

We're losing 4 guys from this team and possibly one or two more.

We have two 3 star recruits coming in to replace the guys we're losing.

We're not in the recruiting picture with any of the uncommitted top tier recruits.

Sorry if I don't see a strong year on the horizon. This is pretty much the bleakest the roster has looked in the last half century. We're backed into a corner and will have to go the JC or 5th year grad transfer route again. It's not a successful way to build a program.

But I appreciate your optimism.

Not bashing the OP, but how many of these threads do we need?

We have no idea what next year's lineup will be, because [1] our recruiting efforts aren't close to being done, [2] we have no idea what unexpected roster attrition will occur, [3] we have no idea who those players will be replaced with, and finally [4] we have no idea how the 5th year transfer market will shape up, and who we might get involved with.

If you'd asked this same exact question 1 year ago, on March 12, 2016, no lineup predictions would have been remotely accurate because we hadn't landed three players -- all of whom eventually became starters.

Will be an interesting offseason, but people need to be patient to see how things materialize. Asking this question daily isn't going to clear things up.

I was actually going to post this as a joke. We will make it to the NIT final 4 and Battle will put us on his back. LOL! You seem to be serious though which is concerning. Or are you being sarcastic?

Im often ambiguous, sometimes on purpose, but often naturally. I prefer the latter. But either way, do you think it is not possible? Just curious.

1bd653ca7760b8bb57c60797e773b15b4c6a92ea476e60e91e2e1e264cd5d43f.jpg

And neither does anybody else. Who is going to leave and who will stay? How much will returning players improve, (the most under-estimated factor: fans always assume they'll never see anything more form a player than they already have seen). Who else will we recruit from the high school ranks? What will the freshmen be able to contribute? Will we get some more grad transfers? how goo will they be, (White and Gillon will be a hard act to follow). How difficult will their adjustment to our systems be?

We'll know the answers in a year.

Not bashing the OP, but how many of these threads do we need?

We have no idea what next year's lineup will be, because [1] our recruiting efforts aren't close to being done, [2] we have no idea what unexpected roster attrition will occur, [3] we have no idea who those players will be replaced with, and finally [4] we have no idea how the 5th year transfer market will shape up, and who we might get involved with.

If you'd asked this same exact question 1 year ago, on March 12, 2016, no lineup predictions would have been remotely accurate because we hadn't landed three players -- all of whom eventually became starters.

Will be an interesting offseason, but people need to be patient to see how things materialize. Asking this question daily isn't going to clear things up.
To muddy things up further - White signed the weekend before classes started, so that is how long it can take to get clarity on this stuff. I can almost guarantee we will have 3 new players not on the radar currently who play big minutes next year.

To muddy things up further - White signed the weekend before classes started, so that is how long it can take to get clarity on this stuff. I can almost guarantee we will have 3 new players not on the radar currently who play big minutes next year.

Out of necessity.

Literally, we might have two returning backcourt players. And if FH doesn't come back, we'll have 1. Think about that. We could have 4-5 players not currently committed--high school recruits, 5th year transfers, JUCOs, international prospects, etc.--who will have to factor into next year's rotation.

Unusual circumstances.

Out of necessity.

Literally, we might have two returning backcourt players. And if FH doesn't come back, we'll have 1. Think about that. We could have 4-5 players not currently committed--high school recruits, 5th year transfers, JUCOs, international prospects, etc.--who will have to factor into next year's rotation.

Unusual circumstances.

Do you really think Frank's attitude is so bad that even in this situation JB would BAN him before the season, rather than just Boeheiming him during the season?!?

Do you really think Frank's attitude is so bad that even in this situation JB would BAN him before the season, rather than just Boeheiming him during the season?!?

Here's my response: I think you've been barking up the wrong tree with your support of Frank all season long.

Frank Howard was my favorite recruit in the class of 2015. He was my favorite player on the last two teams. I don't believe that he deserves that support anymore.

If Frank comes back, there isn't going to be anyone rooting harder for him that I will. I've been his biggest supporter thus far. But I think he's exhausted his chances, and I think he's worn out his welcome with the coaching staff and his teammates, and I think that the drama he brings far outweighs what he brings to the table. Simple as that.

Out of necessity.

Unusual circumstances.
I say this to those up in arms about the PG situation all the time - a year ago at this time, I had never heard of John Gillon, and I'm pretty sure no one else had either.

Here's my response: I think you've been barking up the wrong tree with your support of Frank all season long.

Frank Howard was my favorite recruit in the class of 2015. He was my favorite player on the last two teams. I don't believe that he deserves that support anymore.

If Frank comes back, there isn't going to be anyone rooting harder for him that I will. I've been his biggest supporter thus far. But I think he's exhausted his chances, and I think he's worn out his welcome with the coaching staff and his teammates, and I think that the drama he brings far outweighs what he brings to the table. Simple as that.

I see where youre coming from, and I havent had a consistent view of FH all season, so I am speaking of what I and others are seeing now. The guy has been BOEHEIMED multiple times for 1 quick play, like that alley oop in the last game. I dont think that lets him get an actual chance to show his current play. Some of the mistakes were in his past, which he isnt now. The team looks thin on guards, so it would make sense to give him another chance, in my opinion. I wont argue with your opinion, because I think you have valid points as well.

I think the 5th year transfers this season spoiled some of us, even though they took time to fit in, and Boeheim took time to find the best lineup. Now it feels like some here are expecting to be able to be that successful every year, including the coming season, as if what the staff did this offseason was easy, and expected...like you can just dial it in. Folks, please dont let this success spoil you. Sure, I know we could do even better, however what I'm reading here makes it seem like some members think they can just expect somewhere anywhere near this season.
You didn't even mention the worst part. Last year we just came off a FF berth with tremendous national exposure. Fast forward to now. Let's say there is another AWIII out there. What's our pitch going to be this time? Come here so you can win big... in the NIT?

If we get a 5th year player, they won't be anywhere near the impact of white unless we pay under the table. 5th year guys are probably more influenced by first impressions than anyone else. And the hot take on Syracuse right now is... pass.

You didn't even mention the worst part. Last year we just came off a FF berth with tremendous national exposure. Fast forward to now. Let's say there is another AWIII out there. What's our pitch going to be this time? Come here so you can win big... in the NIT?

If we get a 5th year player, they won't be anywhere near the impact of white unless we pay under the table. 5th year guys are probably more influenced by first impressions than anyone else. And the hot take on Syracuse right now is... pass.

True, all true!(Homer Simpson quote from when I was young and actually watched the Simpsons on occasion). I hadnt even really had that sink in to process like I have now. Wow, that IS an epic difference. So do you think my point is valid about what some posters apparently are expecting? ;)

True, all true!(Homer Simpson quote from when I was young and actually watched the Simpsons on occasion). I hadnt even really had that sink in to process like I have now. Wow, that IS an epic difference. So do you think my point is valid about what some posters apparently are expecting? ;)
I know we're all venting and some are trying really, really hard to be optimistic about next year, but it's more likely that we haven't bottomed out yet and next year will quite possibly be the end of our winning season streak. It's going to be a long, brutal winter. Really wish hop could begin now because if he isn't the answer I want that 3-year clock to start ASAP. JB sticking around just prolongs the program limbo another year.

I know we're all venting and some are trying really, really hard to be optimistic about next year, but it's more likely that we haven't bottomed out yet and next year will quite possibly be the end of our winning season streak. It's going to be a long, brutal winter. Really wish hop could begin now because if he isn't the answer I want that 3-year clock to start ASAP. JB sticking around just prolongs the program limbo another year.

I'm not sure I agree, however I dont have any feelings yet that I think are strong enough to argue. We've seen examples from this last offseason, however we cant just expect to get players that hit like the 2 transfers and Thompson did. That wasnt easy, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom