Next year... | Syracusefan.com

Next year...

OrangeFast

Walk On
Am I crazy to think that both Battle and Lyndon with be back for another season? When going through the NBA draft class it is one of the deepest most talented in years. I don't think either would be a 1st round pick. Mali in a very weak draft class last year barely went 1st round. I think that Lydon would have went in the 1st round last year but he has not made the jump that I think most people thought he would. That combined with it being such a deep and talented class I say he stays put instead of getting a non guaranteed deal and one way ticket to the d league.

Am I crazy to think that both Battle and Lyndon with be back for another season? When going through the NBA draft class it is one of the deepest most talented in years. I don't think either would be a 1st round pick. Mali in a very weak draft class last year barely went 1st round. I think that Lydon would have went in the 1st round last year but he has not made the jump that I think most people thought he would. That combined with it being such a deep and talented class I say he stays put instead of getting a non guaranteed deal and one way ticket to the d league.
If Lydon goes, he will go in the first round. If he stays, it's because he loves it here (which I hear he does) and he thinks he could go higher in a weaker draft next year.

If Lydon goes, he will go in the first round. If he stays, it's because he loves it here (which I hear he does) and he thinks he could go higher in a weaker draft next year.

Yeah I don't know why he would go this year if he didn't go last year. I see him being drafted later this year than last. If he gets drafted in round 1 he will be just slipping in to the tail end. To much risk if you ask me. He has always seemed like a good kid that really enjoys it here.

who can say ? i do know that i always feel better when we are getting production out of the youngsters. roberson ,Atrey , gillon and DJC are gone. period. who else who knows. but i like seeing lydon , battle and thompson step up and bear the burden. howard ? i'm at a loss.

just to point out you asked to questions:"

1. Am I crazy- emphatically yes
2. Will both Battle and Lyndon be back- I don't know. I just wanted to answer the first question.

just to point out you asked to questions:"

1. Am I crazy- emphatically yes
2. Will both Battle and Lyndon be back- I don't know. I just wanted to answer the first question.

Haha why am I crazy?

Theyre both gonna be back but we are gonna struggle if we can't get a PG - Quade killed us - we've seen all we need to see of Howard - we need a miracle

Theyre both gonna be back but we are gonna struggle if we can't get a PG - Quade killed us - we've seen all we need to see of Howard - we need a miracle

Let's all start looking for possible grad transfers lol

If we can find another Gillon I would be ok with that.

I think that if both come back and Howard improves we will be fine with him as our starter. I like his length at PG at the top of the zone. All he needs to do is be able to pass and defend and have some semblance of an offensive game. I think we will have others that can carry the offense. I could see us having a more inside out game style with Thompson and Moyer down low and Lyndon and Battle able to hit the deep ball.

I think that if both come back and Howard improves we will be fine with him as our starter. I like his length at PG at the top of the zone. All he needs to do is be able to pass and defend and have some semblance of an offensive game. I think we will have others that can carry the offense. I could see us having a more inside out game style with Thompson and Moyer down low and Lyndon and Battle able to hit the deep ball.

If both come back, a core of Lydon,Battle, and TT will be really good, with Pc and Moyer. We need another pg even if Howard does improve.

If both come back, a core of Lydon,Battle, and TT will be really good, with Pc and Moyer. We need another pg even if Howard does improve.

I feel like in the past Jimmy will just use a SG instead of expanding his rotation for anext average PG. Would he use Battle? Kind of like he used Cooney?

I feel like in the past Jimmy will just use a SG instead of expanding his rotation for anext average PG. Would he use Battle? Kind of like he used Cooney?

He could at times, but he needs to play a majority of the minutes at the 2, we need another pg.

A
And we shall have it!!

Waiting . . . Waiting . . . Waiting . . .

And we SHALL have it!!

Waiting . . . Waiting . . . Waiting . . .

Well, dang.

Howard.

Could Duarte play PG or is he a pure SG? I do agree that we need someone. I just don't see anyone. Maybe we can get a last minute under the radar guy. I feel like Jimmy has to have a plan.

Yeah I don't know why he would go this year if he didn't go last year. I see him being drafted later this year than last. If he gets drafted in round 1 he will be just slipping in to the tail end. To much risk if you ask me. He has always seemed like a good kid that really enjoys it here.
My goal for all of,our guys is to wind up on the Spurs, Warriors, Celts or Heat. They seem the best run. That means you go later.

I dont get how so many kids are marginal first round guys, yet its ours they seem to go and get picked when others stay. Unless he goes to a team with a ton of talent do he doesnt get guarded I still dont see what position he plays in the NBA.. he is a small PF and he is a big SF but not strong enough for PF yet and not quick enough or has the handle for SF. is he just gonna stand outside and shoot for someone?

he needs another 20-30 lbs or figure out how to attack the basket and he isnt getting either over night.. if you have limited post up game in the NBA they will just guard him with a 6-7 dude outside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom