Schmidt, Spencer - Midfield
Forkin, James - Midfield
Simmons, Ryan - Midfield
Nash, Syrrus - Midfield
Firman, Scott - Defense
Wyrick, Jimmy - Defense/​LSM
Manning, Niko - LSM
Ferrigan, Parker - Goalie

My kid showed me this the other day. Thorpe goal.

In your opinion is SU the team to beat next year?

Not sure if you are asking me but I will try and give the best answer I can.
I would place SU in the top 3, there only blatant issues are obviously the X and and replacing a couple of really good senior defenders. Duke should be good again but they lose a lot to graduation, I dont see them repeating. Albany should be loaded for bare offensively once again but there D lost several starters and I dont see it being better then it was this year. Virginia should rebound but by how much is tough to say. They lose there best O player to graduation after decimating losses the year before. I woudl say UNC, Syracuse, and Duke would be a lock for any top 5. SU has only a few question marks but with one of them being at the X, it looms large. Also as another poster pointed out, the recruiting classes for 14 and 2015 are a little slim at this point, something to keep an eye on over the summer.

I'll jump in, no SU is not the team to beat. Duke is the team to beat followed a group of Maryland, UNC and SU.

Totally disagree on Maryland, they lose a ton to graduation and there counting on big contribution from a lot of incoming freshmen, that recipe almost never ends well. 2 and 3 years from now they should be a really good team.

Not sure why you would assume Rice is going to be on the outside looking in next year.

I am not saying he will absolutely be on the outside but its going to be hard for him to get as much PT next year as he did this year. Between Maltz, Galasso, Staats, Donahue and Rice thats a lot of players to try and find PT. Who are you going to sit for Rice if everyone is healthy?

I am not saying he will absolutely be on the outside but its going to be hard for him to get as much PT next year as he did this year. Between Maltz, Galasso, Staats, Donahue and Rice thats a lot of players to try and find PT. Who are you going to sit for Rice if everyone is healthy?

Rice is the only proven feeder on the team.

Rice is the only proven feeder on the team.

Galasso is a proven feeder, Donahue has also shown he can be feeder. Rice is going play next year I just dont see him playing as much as he probably would like.

Galasso is a proven feeder, Donahue has also shown he can be feeder. Rice is going play next year I just dont see him playing as much as he probably would like.

Galasso has had a serious injury on each foot. I wouldn't put a lot of eggs in that basket.

Galasso has had a serious injury on each foot. I wouldn't put a lot of eggs in that basket.

Galasso's health will obviously play a huge role, if he isnt 100% or cant play then Rice's stock and playing time would definitely go up. Its going to be a year since Galasso's last injury and from all accounts things are looking good so hopefully he will be able to play.

Is Mullins the kid that dropped football to play lax at SU or was that MeGill? I can't remember...

"Got to replace JoJo and Luke on offense, and Hamlin, Megill, Ianzito and Pratt on D..."

some big big shoes to fill next year. i'd predict a step back. D especially. losing some high caliber talent.also be interesting to see how wardwell responds. hope he catches a fire.

"Got to replace JoJo and Luke on offense, and Hamlin, Megill, Ianzito and Pratt on D..."

some big big shoes to fill next year. i'd predict a step back. D especially. losing some high caliber talent.also be interesting to see how wardwell responds. hope he catches a fire.

Don't think Dom has done anything to lose his spot.

Totally disagree on Maryland, they lose a ton to graduation and there counting on big contribution from a lot of incoming freshmen, that recipe almost never ends well. 2 and 3 years from now they should be a really good team.

You are looking at the offense while I was looking at the defense, goal and faceoffs. I also think that Rambo and Rotanz will contribute right away. Added to Chanerchuk, Carlson and Lord they will be fine. Murray and Amato are potential 1st team AA next year. And Raffa is a damn god faceoff guy.

Local kid. J-E, I think. His father is an assistant for G Gait on the women's side.
Yes, Jordan-Elbridge. His father is Asst Coach for women's team and also a former captain, all-American and national champion at SU. I will assume he is using tuition exchange and does not cost the athletic budget a dime. Love when those guys contribute.

Some decent insight, though Brown does project Pratt as the starter at SSDM & Carey to factor in at close D even though both have already exhausted their eligibility. I miss Rahme.
Brown is better than Jessi Pierce, who started the season as the syracuse dot com blogger, but neither are veteran journalists like Dave Rahme. Just lazy work in that post.

Is Mullins the kid that dropped football to play lax at SU or was that MeGill? I can't remember...

Yes. 5 star Texas Defensive Player of the Year. Didn't want to play football because it was work, whereas lacrosse was fun.

I'll jump in, no SU is not the team to beat. Duke is the team to beat followed a group of Maryland, UNC and SU.

With SU joining the ACC next year I think they could struggle a bit. Most of those teams have very good face-off guys (UVA's Parks, MD's Raffa, Carolina's Keenan, Duke's Fowler are all back) and unlike some Big East teams, they will make you pay if you're weak at that position.