next year | Syracusefan.com

next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor

2nd String
i'm really up beat about next year. the weakness of a boeheim zone is defensive rebounding. rak, mak, and Roberson are each big time rebounders. dc two is also big time. anything he can give is gravy. the key is joseph. can he get the ball in the front court to start the offense. the offensive glass s ours. Roberson and mccullough are inexperienced but talented go to guys. watch out for Patterson, and the rest to play hard. he has the bench to press a lot

Good post, igor.

I laugh at all the people throwing in the towel for next year. All year we complained about how we want player development, and improve over the year after taking some bumps early on.

This is exactly what is going to happen next year. I'm excited to see a mix of young guys with talent FINALLY get put on the court for extended minutes.

Yeah, fellas! You know I believe.

You're always such a downer. Seriously.

Edit: On a side note, my body had this strange temptation to "like" an igor post.

The website said "are you sure you want to like this post?" I clicked "yes".
The website said "are you really, really sure you want to like this post?" I clicked "yes".

The website said "either you lack sufficient privileges to perform this action, or you're just crazy"

First time for everything!

I have no idea why people don't think we'll be good next year. Our forwards are less experienced but more talented than last years were. I'd also say less limited offensively. We had great success with a freshman PG last year and will again next year. Cooney, Rak and Mike will all be better. Buss, BJ and Tyler have a year under their belts and know what to expect.

I have no idea why people don't think we'll be good next year. Our forwards are less experienced but more talented than last years were. I'd also say less limited offensively. We had great success with a freshman PG last year and will again next year. Cooney, Rak and Mike will all be better. Buss, BJ and Tyler have a year under their belts and know what to expect.

I want to have one of those Louisville-type seasons next year where we lose a couple games here and there in November/December getting young guys experience (aka not pulling freshmen who make one mistake and destroying their confidence), and then by late February we're just clicking on all cylinders.

I want to have one of those Louisville-type seasons next year where we lose a couple games here and there in November/December getting young guys experience (aka not pulling freshmen who make one mistake and destroying their confidence), and then by late February we're just clicking on all cylinders.

This is exactly the type of season I expect. Not to say we won't lose conference games but I think down the stretch if we do they will be hard fought against very good teams.

Not be debbie downer, but alot of questions.

Alot of youth next year, and lack of returning scorers. We just had a year where we were missing shooters off the dribble and isolation scorers, and now we are losing the only three who could. With none of our returns projected to make that jump, that can be a huge not big loss.

I like McCullough, but he has a long way to go to be considered a good rebounder. That being said I look forward to see if him and roberson can make a big aggressive jump over the summer.

I am excited about next year, but this syracuse team is far from being ready early on, similar to flynn/dantes freshmen year. I would say further then sr rick/jr kjo/soph triche/jr scoop/freshmen dion who imo were much greater then next years cooney rak dajuan gbinije imo preaseason.

On the other hand I think two years from now, pending we only lose 1 of roberson, mccullough, and return joseph we could be as high as preseason top 5.

Good post, igor.

I laugh at all the people throwing in the towel for next year. All year we complained about how we want player development, and improve over the year after taking some bumps early on.

This is exactly what is going to happen next year. I'm excited to see a mix of young guys with talent FINALLY get put on the court for extended minutes.

I don't know if anyone is throwing in the towel.
It's just that we'll lack one usually important ingredient: experience.

The last time our projected starters had such little experience was probably 2002-2003.
And how did that turn out, huh?

Col. Bleep said:
I don't know if anyone is throwing in the towel. It's just that we'll lack one usually important ingredient: experience. The last time our projected starters had such little experience was probably 2002-2003. And how did that turn out, huh?

2 posters at least have said on other threads they are writing off next year.

Remember when the saying held true that the best thing about freshmen was that they turned in sophomores? Nowadays there are no senior studs - or even junior studs for that matter - so experience isn't what it used to be.

Remember when the saying held true that the best thing about freshmen was that they turned in sophomores? Nowadays there are no senior studs - or even junior studs for that matter - so experience isn't what it used to be.

You must have missed the NCAA tourney- I just watched UConn win with a senior and junior in the backcourt dominate all the way to cutting the nets down

2-3zone said:
You must have missed the NCAA tourney- I just watched UConn win with a senior and junior in the backcourt dominate all the way to cutting the nets down
You missed the point he was making. I bet plenty of guards can be named who would have been juniors or seasons who would put the 2 puppies to shame. And the 2 puppies aren't studs as evidenced by the fact they aren't NBA hot commodities to be drafted near the top. How many seniors so you see in the NBA draft too 10? It's because they left as freshmen and sophs due to being studs.

Last edited:
Hype up the team as being loaded so that you can blame Boeheim if they don't end up being the best team in the history of ESPN or something. Seen this one before.

No "like" from me! Doesn't pass the smell test.

can't happen. rick pressures the ball. players get better at it. they also play against it in practice. they get better at dealing with pressure before the game. su players are overwhelmed and leave early all the time. now great one on one players can overcome some of it. an immortal like Carmelo might go all the way

i'm really up beat about next year. the weakness of a boeheim zone is defensive rebounding. rak, mak, and Roberson are each big time rebounders. dc two is also big time. anything he can give is gravy. the key is joseph. can he get the ball in the front court to start the offense. the offensive glass s ours. Roberson and mccullough are inexperienced but talented go to guys. watch out for Patterson, and the rest to play hard. he has the bench to press a lot

Good post. Remains to be seen regarding McCullough's rebounding prowess and/or desire to. We'll see. I generally agree though and this team does have the potential to be better and more versatile offensively. We scored in the 50s NINE times this past season.

Doesn't it make you wonder what we'd have been like with Waiters being backed up by Cooney and Carter-Williams backed up by Ennis?

can't happen. rick pressures the ball. players get better at it. they also play against it in practice. they get better at dealing with pressure before the game. su players are overwhelmed and leave early all the time. now great one on one players can overcome some of it. an immortal like Carmelo might go all the way

SEE^^^^^^. Didn't take long for the always present agenda to show up.

Doesn't it make you wonder what we'd have been like with Waiters being backed up by Cooney and Carter-Williams backed up by Ennis?

The thing is, a lot of teams can say that. What would Kentucky be like with Anthony Davis and MKG still?

Everybody loses guys early. I guess you've gotta get lucky and have a really, really good player who has flaws that make him less attractive to the NBA but don't hold him back in college.

The thing is, a lot of teams can say that. What would Kentucky be like with Anthony Davis and MKG still?

Everybody loses guys early. I guess you've gotta get lucky and have a really, really good player who has flaws that make him less attractive to the NBA but don't hold him back in college.

That's precisely the kind of player SU should be targeting. From what I've been reading on this board lately, recruiting high school kids and projecting how they will develop in college and then perform in the NBA is pretty much an exact science.

Hype up the team as being loaded so that you can blame Boeheim if they don't end up being the best team in the history of ESPN or something. Seen this one before.

No "like" from me! Doesn't pass the smell test.

The clue: "he has the bench to press a lot"

Hype up the team as being loaded so that you can blame Boeheim if they don't end up being the best team in the history of ESPN or something. Seen this one before. No "like" from me! Doesn't pass the smell test.
bull dokey it changes nothing. I still don't like the way he plays nobody. he predetermines if u can play. I don't think hisno mas defense is the way to go.

JB has never really pressed much but unlike last year he will have a deeper bench and at least be able to press to change the pace of the game. Plus with there being questions of depth in the middle with Coleman injury it will be hard to press much because of foul concerns for the center position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom