Next years lineup V1.0 | Syracusefan.com

Next years lineup V1.0

kcsu

Living Legend
Assuming Hughes leaves, Marek stays and nobody else joins the team.

1: Joe
2: Buddy
3: Marek
4: Guerrier
5: Sid
I like Marek at the 3 as he has a much better handle than Guerrier and a better shot. Guerrier is our best offensive rebounder so the 4 positions him properly.
I hope that Edwards, Goodine, Bras ( if healthy) all see significant court time. I hope that JB doesn't play Buddy to the detriment of the team. By this i mean i hope he plays considerably less minutes. We need guys like Goodine and Kadary to play. Buddy is a 25 to 30 minute player at most. He is too one dimensional to play more than that. Same with Joe. If we use the bench next year we have a chance at a decent year. Last point im not sure who might be available but we desperately need a scoring forward. Much more so than a 5.

Eli is by far our best offensive player and plays 40 minutes. Even with that Buddy still doesn’t come off the floor. If JB feels the need to play Buddy that much this year, I can’t imagine he’ll play him 15mpg less next year when we will be worse offensively than we are now

Eli is by far our best offensive player and plays 40 minutes. Even with that Buddy still doesn’t come off the floor. If JB feels the need to play Buddy that much this year, I can’t imagine he’ll play him 15mpg less next year when we will be worse offensively than we are now
Buddy is a good shooter. Unless he improves the rest of his game especially his D he shouldn't play as much. Goodine, Kadary need to see minutes. Buddy is a solid player. He isnt a 40 minute a game player.

Buddy is a good shooter. Unless he improves the rest of his game especially his D he shouldn't play as much. Goodine, Kadary need to see minutes. Buddy is a solid player. He isnt a 40 minute a game player.
I agree. I’m saying if JB gives Buddy 40mpg this year, I can’t imagine it changing next year

I like Marek at the 3 as he has a much better handle than Guerrier and a better shot. Guerrier is our best offensive rebounder so the 4 positions him properly.
I hope that Edwards, Goodine, Bras ( if healthy) all see significant court time. I hope that JB doesn't play Buddy to the detriment of the team. By this i mean i hope he plays considerably less minutes. We need guys like Goodine and Kadary to play. Buddy is a 25 to 30 minute player at most. He is too one dimensional to play more than that. Same with Joe. If we use the bench next year we have a chance at a decent year. Last point im not sure who might be available but we desperately need a scoring forward. Much more so than a 5.
Nice post, agree w everything except I think joe is a legit 35 + mpg guy. His handle is leaps and bounds above anybody else, if starts to hit 35% plus from trey range...watch out. Also, hope newton is good enuf to earn some minutes.

not sure who might be available but we desperately need a scoring forward. Much more so than a 5.
translation: towns is much more critical than tape.

not to mention with tape it seems like one of the other bigs would have to redshirt or transfer out. JB only plays 2 centers at most And we’d have: tape, Edwards, Sid and JBA.

Nice post, agree w everything except I think joe is a legit 35 + mpg guy. His handle is leaps and bounds above anybody else, if starts to hit 35% plus from trey range...watch out. Also, hope newton is good enuf to earn some minutes.
Woody is my favorite recruit in a long time. I think he will play.

2000 percent agree. Buddy is not playing less than 35 minutes until he leaves, especially next year. Only guys who see minutes next year are one of the bigs and either Braswell or the Frosh. Buddy Girard and Marek if he's here are 32 plus minimum

I’m not sure that lineup can get to .500.

We need a serious talent injection that isn’t coming next year.

Honestly, I would consider QG at the five, Marek at the 4, then you need three shooters, two of which have to be above average ball handlers.

We need to be able to set a screen where the screener can actually catch a pass if someone throws it when he rolls.

I’m very worried about next year. Goodine needs to make a jump. I’m not banking on any of the frosh to be impact players. Hope I’m wrong.

Goodine needs to improve. Him, and Braswell’s health, are keys.

sidibe will be more than serviceable. He already is, he just needs to manage his fouls.

Buddy needs scorers around him to be as effective as he can be. He’s not going to be able to consistently create for himself or others.

I’m not sure that lineup can get to .500.

We need a serious talent injection that isn’t coming next year.

Honestly, I would consider QG at the five, Marek at the 4, then you need three shooters, two of which have to be above average ball handlers.

We need to be able to set a screen where the screener can actually catch a pass if someone throws it when he rolls.

I’m very worried about next year. Goodine needs to make a jump. I’m not banking on any of the frosh to be impact players. Hope I’m wrong.
Some feel we have a great chance at getting Seth Towns

Carey
JG III
Buddy
Marek
Sid

QG comes in to spell the others and plays minutes similar to most starters

Will Carey transfer? Will HoWa? We have limited scholarships so someone has to.

If we keep Eli or get another replacement at SF we just need incremental improvement to be better as we aren’t getting blown out. Our biggest issue has been closing games in the ACC. Teams like FSU, UVA, and NC State are all projected to lose more than us and for once Duke isn’t bringing in any top 10 talent.

Personally think Carey stays. I don’t think Richmond will contribute in year 1, and I’m not sold on Washington or Goodine being consistent contributors yet.

If we keep Eli or get another replacement at SF we just need incremental improvement to be better as we aren’t getting blown out. Our biggest issue has been closing games in the ACC. Teams like FSU, UVA, and NC State are all projected to lose more than us and for once Duke isn’t bringing in any top 10 talent.

Duke has six of the top 50 and four 5 stars.

NC State has a top ten class.

FSU has a top 20 class inclusive of Scottie Barnes.

UNC has four McDonalds AA out of a five person class that may still land a sixth stud.

We are on the other side of the world in terms of talent coming in.

Other teams are doing more to get better.

Can we be on the bubble next year? Sure. Major improvements? I’m not sure how that happens.

Duke has six of the top 50 and four 5 stars.

NC State has a top ten class.

FSU has a top 20 class inclusive of Scottie Barnes.

UNC has four McDonalds AA out of a five person class that may still land a sixth stud.

We are on the other side of the world in terms of talent coming in.

Other teams are doing more to get better.

Can we be on the bubble next year? Sure. Major improvements? I’m not sure how that happens.

Well if your argument is just recruiting class rankings I’m not sure we were ever going to see an uptick there as because those schools lose a lot more than we do and a bunch of that is based on sure numbers of players brought in. There’s some nuance involved in there.

I’m not going to disagree UNC and Duke have great classes, but NC State brings in one top 50 kid. Outside of those two schools nobody is bringing in any 5 stars besides Barnes at FSU who probably will lose a bunch to the NBA.

So if you think none of our guys will get better and we won’t find a 5 to compete inside than we just disagree.

Well if your argument is just recruiting class rankings I’m not sure we were ever going to see an uptick there as because those schools lose a lot more than we do and a bunch of that is based on sure numbers of players brought in. There’s some nuance involved in there.

I’m not going to disagree UNC and Duke have great classes, but NC State brings in one top 50 kid. Outside of those two schools nobody is bringing in any 5 stars besides Barnes at FSU who probably will lose a bunch to the NBA.

So if you think none of our guys will get better and we won’t find a 5 to compete inside than we just disagree.

I think our guys will get better. No disagreement there.

I just think that the level of improvement doesn’t get us any closer to being anything but a bubble team. This is a down year for the ACC and we are on the outside looking in for the tournament.

The rest of the ACC is working to get better. I don’t think our improvement will outpace the rest of the league.

I keep Quincy in the front court at all costs. Love the idea to start him at the 5 and think Sid as a Sr coming off the bench would do well.

I think we need to recruit a big time starting PG or an Eli replacement. Joe at the 2 and Buddy at the 3 intrigues me though I can’t see JB doing this.

I like the idea of Buddy as a sixth man. Instant offense and he can alternate between the 2 and 3 and still see heavy minutes. There’s hate here on JB wanting Buddy for 40 minutes but JB’s first passion is to win. He will figure the best line ups.

I like the idea of Buddy as a sixth man. Instant offense and he can alternate between the 2 and 3 and still see heavy minutes. There’s hate here on JB wanting Buddy for 40 minutes but JB’s first passion is to win. He will figure the best line ups.
Buddy isn’t going from 38 minutes a game at the 2 to being a sixth man. Plus who starts in his steed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom