Next year's OL | Syracusefan.com

Next year's OL

Tornado91

Walk On
For those in the know.

Losing Tiller & Hay. Of Foy, Curtis, Trudo, Alexander, and Hickey (depending on his recovery), is there any insight from this season into who is likely to push for time? Has Trudo done anything to suggest he'll push Mackey? Will anyone push Chibane? Only Pugh seems solid.

Trudo will play somewhere (guard?); staff really likes Curtis; Hickey would have played this year, Foy has great size. OL will be much better next year...I hope.

I think that maybe bnoro said the staff likes Trudo and that he will play guard. Also I think Hickey will start at RT. Doug said he was as good as Pugh coming in, hopefully he can get healthy and be way better than mike hay. We need him to be.

1. Andy Phillips
  2. How much eligibility will (a healthy) Sean Hickey have?

he was hurt his other RS year as well i thought? doubt he does it but he could get both years back if so.

I think Curtis and Trudo start. Not sure on Hickey based on injury

Staff likes Robinson too. Not sure he fits in next year though.

Hey im for as many guys as possible that can play. I would hope that we improve this year we should. Sure would be nice to see Mack add 15 pounds of muscle

LT Pugh
LG Trudo
C Macky
RG Chibane
RT Curtis/Hickey (Huge upgrade over Hay, whoever it is.)

man MACKY wont start next year-he was all we had this year and marrone cant afford to start him again

LT Pugh
LG Trudo
C Macky
RG Chibane
RT Curtis/Hickey (Huge upgrade over Hay, whoever it is.)

I thought Curtis was a guard?

Also, I wouldn't sleep on Phillips. He was the first guy off the bench to replace both Pugh and Hay when they got hurt and in my opinion he played pretty well in relief.

Should be a real interesting spring along the line.

man MACKY wont start next year-he was all we had this year and marrone cant afford to start him again
Yes he will, and he can afford to start him. For the thousandth time, watch the O-line play all game, Macky is far from the weakest link on the line.

Worst to best this year:
Hay...Chibane...Mackey..Tiller....Pugh

Yes he will, and he can afford to start him. For the thousandth time, watch the O-line play all game, Macky is far from the weakest link on the line.

Worst to best this year:

I don't think you put in enough periods before Pugh's name. And agreed... Macky is not going to lose his job.

Worst to best this year:

i see what you did with those dots there. my opinion.

hay...macky..chibane.....pugh.tiller

i see what you did with those dots there. my opinion.

hay...macky..chibane.....pugh.tiller
I like Tiller, but I though Pugh was far and away our best lineman this year. What about Till put him over Pugh for you?

you guys are nuts-
no way macky starts again-

to say he wasnt the weak link is insane-

he knew his assignments thats all,doesnt have the physical skill or size to do the job

Thought Tiller did well but Pugh was maybe our best player all year, every play I'd watch him the kid crushed it.

Phillips may be a good utility line player, train him at G and C too just in case. Played well last year and I think he gets a shot.

Hay...Chibane..Macky...Tiller..Pugh

It is hard to get excited when you return two sub par starters and one good one

you guys are nuts-
no way macky starts again-

to say he wasnt the weak link is insane-

he knew his assignments thats all,doesnt have the physical skill or size to do the job

To say he was the weak link was to confirm you don't watch the games. Every one of your posts is negative about the program, we really need to add that ignore button...

To say he was the weak link was to confirm you don't watch the games. Every one of your posts is negative about the program, we really need to add that ignore button...
umm no- i was a huge marrone fan till this abomination of a season when he lost control -now i think it takes a guy with experience to resurect the dead,we have a guy learning as he goes-

Well, I'm no grader of O-lineman, but given how weak we were up the middle, either Mac was getting blown up and Chibane was getting hung out to dry, or Mac was doing fine and Chibane just got lit up. I don't know which one, but aside from Hay's ole pass-blocking, one of those issues was our biggest on offense. Therefor, I don't know who it will be, but one of them has to lose their job (barring injury) IMO. I believe there will be a domino effect, so even if you know what to expect from all these guys, can't really project til camp gets well underway.

I could see Hickey riding pine to start the year for two reasons. First, it gives the staff time to ease him into things and just try to ensure his health. Second, I haven't really heard enough about anyone else that makes me think we have anyone else on the two deep that can handle LT. Having him available for either outside spot could be key for us.

I haven't really heard enough about anyone else that makes me think we have anyone else on the two deep that can handle LT.

As far as I know, Kris Curtis was practicing with the 2nd team at LT before he got hurt. That could be the guy.