Next years recruiting class | Syracusefan.com

Next years recruiting class

Actionthrill

Walk On
I was just wondering how good is the incoming recruiting class? Is it a top 5 class and are there players that can help immediately? Maybe even bring us a championship. Who are the top players in the class?

Class of 2024
Payton AndersonHopewell Jct, NYBrunswickA / M
Drew AngeloHoneoye Falls, NYHoneoye Falls-LimaFO
Vincent BologninoGreenlawn, NYHarborfieldsLSM
Brett Bucktooth, JrLafayette, NYLafayette-Onondaga /
W&M Prep
Attack
Brayden FergusonRockville, MDBullis SchoolGoalie
Michael GraceHamilton, ONPortal from RITDefense
Matt McInteeEast Islip, NYEast IslipMid
Owen O'FarrellNorth Kingstown, RIMoses BrownAttack
Cameron RyanVictor, NYVictorDefense
Jack SchellLewes, DECape HenlopenMid
Dillon StephensNew Canaan, CTNew CanaanDefense
Koby WhiteLake Mary, FLNew Hampton PrepMid

I'm sure we'll have some portals coming in.

Get a couple of "plug and play" grad transfers to address our needs and let the Frosh develop.

I think a good measure of this group will be how many of the midfielders become good ACC-level players. I think there is athleticism and skill in the group, but they need to become very good players. McIntee, White, Schell may be more traditional middies as opposed to Anderson and O'Farrell who are obviously offensive players. Is there a really good ssdm in the group? Maybe Schell? Can McIntee and White play on the first 2 offensive middie lines or fulfill another role? I expect Anderson and O'Farrell to play offense, possibly attack.

Recruiting rankings have a hard time with midfielders for various reasons, so a low ranking doesn't worry me too much. Of course, SU has brought in recruiting classes loaded with midfielders who didn't do much at SU.

I think for this to be an impact class, Anderson will have to see significant time next year. He's a top 10 player according to IL and Xanders, and guys typically ranted that highly play right away and put up points. I am not a recruiting expect enough to know if he's better suited for attack or midfield, but I have to imagine he plays somewhere in the top 9. I am guessing that will be on midfield, but it depends on transfers.

Matt McIntee was a top 50 IL player, I would guess he has the highest chance outside of Anderson to get playing time. He's probably competing with guys like Tucker Kellogg, Wyatt Hottle and Tyler McCarthy for playing time, and again, any transfer the team might bring in. He's been putting up points for East Islip this spring, I feel like he'll see his ranking go up next time the recruiting services release an update.

I really liked what I saw from O'Farrell in his recruiting video but he doens't play for a high profile high school team, and I have no idea what his progress has looked like. He's a little bit on the small side, but we've seen players like that produce in the past. Hard to see him crack the starting lineup next year, but you never know. Plus he's a righty which might help him on a squad with lot's of lefties. Bucktooth I don't know that much about, but I would be surprised if he played a lot for SU over his career. Koby White, I beleive was hurt this past spring, so he comes in as an unknown. He re-classified so he could be flying under the radar. He's got good size at 6'1, 170.

SU's SSDM depth took a hit when Ryan Pels decomitted to Brown. Perhaps Schell (or White) can fill in there, but he feels like a wildcard addition.

SU will have a lot of poles next year, Dillon Stephens feels like the most likely to get playing time, perhaps as a junkyard dog, but there are a lot guys ahead of him right now (Figuerias, Dwan, Grace, Beck, Fraterrigo, Scott, etc). Bologino and Ryan should be good depth pieces, but again, there is a lot of defenders on the team.

Drew Angelo could be counted on to take some face-offs to spell John Mullen if Mason Kohn departs, but fogos can be a real crapshoot. Mullen came in as a top 100 player. Angelo is a three star right now. That said, none of the fogos on the current roster saw meaningful time this year after the top two guys, so the opportunity is there.

Long story short, I think Anderson is the only player I think who should be counted on to play next year. That said, SU needs to start developing some depth behind the junior class. Last year's freshmen class didn't produce a ton outside of Mullen and Hottle (not counting Figuerias here). You don't want to have your team rely on first years like SU had to do in '23, but you'd like to see a player or two contribute early in their careers. Hopefully a few can emerge.

I think for this to be an impact class, Anderson will have to see significant time next year. He's a top 10 player according to IL and Xanders, and guys typically ranted that highly play right away and put up points. I am not a recruiting expect enough to know if he's better suited for attack or midfield, but I have to imagine he plays somewhere in the top 9. I am guessing that will be on midfield, but it depends on transfers.

Matt McIntee was a top 50 IL player, I would guess he has the highest chance outside of Anderson to get playing time. He's probably competing with guys like Tucker Kellogg, Wyatt Hottle and Tyler McCarthy for playing time, and again, any transfer the team might bring in. He's been putting up points for East Islip this spring, I feel like he'll see his ranking go up next time the recruiting services release an update.

I really liked what I saw from O'Farrell in his recruiting video but he doens't play for a high profile high school team, and I have no idea what his progress has looked like. He's a little bit on the small side, but we've seen players like that produce in the past. Hard to see him crack the starting lineup next year, but you never know. Plus he's a righty which might help him on a squad with lot's of lefties. Bucktooth I don't know that much about, but I would be surprised if he played a lot for SU over his career. Koby White, I beleive was hurt this past spring, so he comes in as an unknown. He re-classified so he could be flying under the radar. He's got good size at 6'1, 170.

SU's SSDM depth took a hit when Ryan Pels decomitted to Brown. Perhaps Schell (or White) can fill in there, but he feels like a wildcard addition.

SU will have a lot of poles next year, Dillon Stephens feels like the most likely to get playing time, perhaps as a junkyard dog, but there are a lot guys ahead of him right now (Figuerias, Dwan, Grace, Beck, Fraterrigo, Scott, etc). Bologino and Ryan should be good depth pieces, but again, there is a lot of defenders on the team.

Drew Angelo could be counted on to take some face-offs to spell John Mullen if Mason Kohn departs, but fogos can be a real crapshoot. Mullen came in as a top 100 player. Angelo is a three star right now. That said, none of the fogos on the current roster saw meaningful time this year after the top two guys, so the opportunity is there.

Long story short, I think Anderson is the only player I think who should be counted on to play next year. That said, SU needs to start developing some depth behind the junior class. Last year's freshmen class didn't produce a ton outside of Mullen and Hottle (not counting Figuerias here). You don't want to have your team rely on first years like SU had to do in '23, but you'd like to see a player or two contribute early in their careers. Hopefully a few can emerge.
Agreed on a lot of this. O'Farrell looks like he's grown some. He looks like he has decent size.

I don't know about Bucktooth getting much PT, but I haven't seen a lot of video on him. Any recent videos of him?

Agreed on a lot of this. O'Farrell looks like he's grown some. He looks like he has decent size.

I don't know about Bucktooth getting much PT, but I haven't seen a lot of video on him. Any recent videos of him?
This is a small highlight. He is big number 6 in blue. He looks like he could have the size to enforce his will on some bull dodges, even at the next level. Stick skills and shooting both look quite good in this.

This is a small highlight. He is big number 6 in blue. He looks like he could have the size to enforce his will on some bull dodges, even at the next level. Stick skills and shooting both look quite good in this.
Props to the play-by-play guy on the highlight video. I just pictured him filming it in the stands and shouting in real time.

His laugh toward the end sounded like Joaquin Phoenix's Joker.

Good stuff!

Have we had any updates on Jameson Bucktooth? Believe someone said he did not appear on the OCC roster, which is not great for his chances ending up at SU.

12 is a little low, I'd put it in the top 10 but it does lack the overall star power of the other ACC schools, that's undeniable.
Agree with you, Jeremy. With Xanders gone who is actually evaluating these kids/classes? I like that IL ranks classes and kids for conversational purposes, but they really don't seem like they have the resources do an effective job?

Agree with you, Jeremy. With Xanders gone who is actually evaluating these kids/classes? I like that IL ranks classes and kids for conversational purposes, but they really don't seem like they have the resources do an effective job?

I know there are a few sites still doing them IL obviously and then you have Prep and NLF etc. Some of it is a crapshoot for sure but they do also tend to hit on a decent amount of the big gusy and some are obvious O'Neil, Spallina, Millon, the Kabiri, Duffy etc. Still once you get past the 5's its anyones guess.

Also just got notice of your private message, send me a private conversation (letter icon top right hand side), the other function is a nightmare to deal with, lol.

One other players to watch for a jump is chuck kuyzinzki on D. I don’t believe he played this year but I expect him to see the field somewhere. He was a 4* and I thought he’d see the field at some point this year.

One other players to watch for a jump is chuck kuyzinzki on D. I don’t believe he played this year but I expect him to see the field somewhere. He was a 4* and I thought he’d see the field at some point this year.
He has had some injuries. Im pretty sure he broke his foot at some point this season.

He has had some injuries. Im pretty sure he broke his foot at some point this season.
I was wondering what happened to him… so if he red shirted his freshman year and got hurt this year, can he be rewarded another red shirt due to injury?

I know there are a few sites still doing them IL obviously and then you have Prep and NLF etc. Some of it is a crapshoot for sure but they do also tend to hit on a decent amount of the big gusy and some are obvious O'Neil, Spallina, Millon, the Kabiri, Duffy etc. Still once you get past the 5's its anyones guess.

Also just got notice of your private message, send me a private conversation (letter icon top right hand side), the other function is a nightmare to deal with, lol.
There is still a legitimate opportunity for someone to make the definitive lacrosse site. If anyone has the $$$ and the know how have at it! UrbanaOrange

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom